facebook

DE support for HSQLDB (no meta data) [Closed]

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

I monitored the SQL from myeclipse and found that it must be simple (?) to add real support for HSQLDB. Myeclipse tries to do

SELECT * FROM SYSTEM_TABLES WHERE 1=1 AND TABLE_CAT = ‘sa’ AND TABLE_NAME LIKE ‘%’ AND TABLE_TYPE IN (‘TABLE’)

The problem here is the AND TABLE_CAT = ‘sa’ . Wouldn’t it be more easy for myeclipse dev to remove this clause for HSQLDB queries than for the HSQLDB team to add support for catalogs and schemas?

#216870 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Interesting, let me ask.

#216948 Reply

support-jeff

I will take a closer look at this to see what was missed. I hate to add vendor-specific hacks in the tool – they have a nasty habit of becoming support nightmares, very fragile.

BTW, how did you capture this sql. I am trying to figure out how to adjust the debug level of HSQL running as a server, but cannot seem to find a way to do it referenced in the user guide. Hints?

#216955 Reply

support-jeff

Good news! I found the bug. There was a concept of a “null” catalog in the original plugin that got accidentally refactored out in 3.8.2. It basically allowed a null value for both catalog and schema name to be used in querying metadata from system tables. This has been fixed in CVS and will be made available in the next release. Thank you all for helping vet this out.

#216958 Reply

Riyad Kalla

And now you all get a little glimpse as to why we carry Jeff around the office on our shoulders… he’s just THAT GOOD.

#216966 Reply

Great! Looking forward to the next release then. Any idea when it will be out?

BTW, start HSQLDB with the flag “-silent false” to get all SQL dumped into std out…

/J

#216973 Reply

support-jeff

Cool. Thanx for the tip. As for timing of the next release, I do not know for sure. There is a quick fix being worked on, which should be coming soon.

#216979 Reply

Riyad Kalla

December-ish. We have a lot on our table for this next release.

#217845 Reply

dsledge

Any update on the fix for this? I just installed the quick fix release for 3.8.2 and this problem was not fixed in it.

#217871 Reply

Riyad Kalla

The quickfix for 3.8.2 was only 1 single fix related to the JSP validator going nutvs when you are refactoring. I will check on this though with the dev.

#217888 Reply

Riyad Kalla

This fix will be in 3.8.3 (scroll up about 5 posts and note that Jeff says it was fixed).

#218378 Reply

Neal Tovsen

I don’t have anything terribly constructive to add, except to point out that the DatabaseManagerSwing tool shipped with Hypersonic doesn’t seem to have any problems displaying schema metadata after login. How does it accomplish this, and would it be terribly difficult to accomodate in the MyEclipse DB Browser?

Considering that Hypersonic is the database shipped in JBoss, and Hibernate is also part of the JBoss group, and that the DBExplorer/Hibernate combination is pretty exciting stuff, it would be more than a “nice to have” to support the combination. I gotta imaginge there are a few people out there using this combo, no?

#218379 Reply

Neal Tovsen

Grrrr…silly me. Didn’t realize there was a whole 2nd page to the topic. Wishing there was an “edit post” button…or am I so blind I don’t see that either? Sorry. <blush>

#219587 Reply

@support-rkalla wrote:

This fix will be in 3.8.3 (scroll up about 5 posts and note that Jeff says it was fixed).

Any dates for the 3.8.3 release? Judging by the number of related posts, I’d say this issue deserves a Quickfix…

#219588 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Early December is what we are shooting for.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
Reply To: DE support for HSQLDB (no meta data) [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in