facebook

Dead in the water — Maven exception

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Maven for MyEclipse (Maven4MyEclipse)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Brad O’Hearne
    Participant

I don’t know quite what to say about this problem, except that one moment I was working fine (mostly, still couldn’t get deployment to Tomcat to work quite right), and the “Run As” (maven options, such as maven package) options would work fine.

Out of the blue, I now get the following exception when trying to do anything with Maven:

Exception in thread “main” java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/maven/cli/MavenCli

Restarting Eclipse doesn’t help, reimporting the project doesn’t help, cleaning the project doesn’t help, changing maven settings doesn’t help. So barring a quick answer here, after having to install MyEclipse 4 times in order to get 7.0 M2 to even install, I’m going to have to once again uninstall MyEclipse, Uninstall Pulse, and reinstall vanilla Eclipse — and all this after sitting here for the better part of my paid annual subscription without being able to use MyEclipse at all, because the 6.x maven support eliminated my ability to use maven with existing projects in Eclipse.

If there is any resolution to this, please help. I have lost hours if not days of work time and nearly my entire paid subscription from the MyEcliipse / Maven debacle, and I’m within hours of punting it all and closing the door on using MyEclipse anymore now or in the future.

Help is greatly appreciated.

B

#290763 Reply

Brad O’Hearne
    Participant

I should add one more thing — even if I create a brand new empty Java Maven project, and then try to do a “Run As” Maven-(whatever), I get the same error, so the problem is not limited to a single project. It seems to be the entire scope of the IDE.

B

#290787 Reply

Brad O’Hearne
    Participant

This problem mysteriously went away after multiple restarts of Eclipse, cleans, updating dependencies, updating project configurations, adding a new maven install, etc. I cannot give any real informative answer on what the problem was or why it went away — but whatever the cause of the error, it completely halted development for several hours — there was no way around it.

#290857 Reply

Loyal Water

I’m sorry for the hiccup. Let me know if the problem reappears.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Dead in the water — Maven exception

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in