facebook

Debug Web Pages – NOT OBVIOUS HOW TO DO THIS?

1. GapDebug
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – GapDebug
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

lyonta

Any PhoneGap application is available for debugging. You aren’t required to build debugging-specific code into your app. Not only can you debug mobile apps, you can also debug web pages and web apps running on iOS Safari and Android Chrome browsers.

This is a statement from your main web page. When I connect my device I can debug my application on my device. I just want to be able to debug web pages. I have written an app that should be able to run in just a web browser on a desktop.
    It is not obvious how to do this? I have checked the DEBUG BROWER PAGES in the settings page.

Any tutorial and more extensive help guide available for GapDebug?
    Thanks,
    Terri

#354084 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

hi

>I just want to be able to debug web pages. I have written an app that should be able to run in just a web browser on a desktop.

GapDebug is not designed for debugging web pages on desktop browsers. We developed GapDebug to support cross-platform debugging of ios & android hybrid-mobile apps (mobile webapps running in the cordova/phonegap webview) and mobile webapps running on the mobile device’s chrome or safari browser.

For desktop browser debugging simply load your page into chrome or safari. Then from the right-click menu (context menu) choose the “inspect element” option to start debugging.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Debug Web Pages – NOT OBVIOUS HOW TO DO THIS?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in