facebook

Debugger showing null for all values

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Daniel
    Participant

I was having a really difficult trying to debug my project tonight because it was showing null on every field of every object returned, and nothing made sense. After a while it dawned on me the debugger was no longer showing me anything, either in the variables tab, the expressions tab, or when hovering over elements.

Interestingly, Chrome debugger was following along whenever AngularIDE was hitting breakpoints, and in Chrome, I could see all of field values.

I tried exiting AngularIDE as well as rebooting, neither helped.

I have AngularIDE 17.0.0 201710141812
    Running on macOS High Sierra 10.13
    With Chrome 62.0.3202.75 64-bit

Any ideas on what is going on? I am completely stumped and frustrated.

#541106 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Daniel,

We suspect High Sierra could be the reason of the break (has caused quite a few problems) but were unable to replicate locally with High Sierra either.

From your comment, I assume the debugger was working before, but no longer does now? Can you think of anything that has changed on your system between when it was working and now – did you just update to High Sierra, or did Chrome just update?

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

#541137 Reply

Daniel
    Participant

I updated to High Sierra probably two weeks ago, but Chrome updated a few days ago I think… so it could be integration with Chrome.

The debugger used to work fine, thats why it took me so long to realize the debugger was wrong.

A couple days ago I also noticed Angular IDE was crashing frequently while I was just typing in the code editor.

#541377 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Daniel,

We’re thinking the Chrome update might be the problem – though we have been unable to reproduce this even on the version of Chrome you mention. Can you initiate a debugging session and then send us the error log from your workspace? You can find it at [workspace_folder]\.metadata\.log

Can you also tell me if the browser does open with the app running and it’s just debugging that doesn’t work, or does the browser fail to load the app as well?

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Debugger showing null for all values

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in