facebook

Debugging Angular 4 Fails

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

steveiapps-cc
    Participant

Trying to start a debugging session on a brand new project generated via Webclipse, but it fails after a while with the error below. I’ve ensured the angular-ide NPM plugin is installed.

This and no CSS content assist is pushing me toward WebStorm, everything in it ‘just works’.

Timed out waiting for server to start. Please ensure you have angular-ide NPM plugin installed in your project. Run npm install –save-dev angular-ide.
    Timed out waiting for server to start. Please ensure you have angular-ide NPM plugin installed in your project. Run npm install –save-dev angular-ide.

#533436 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Steve,

Sorry for the delay; we’ve been trying to replicate your debugging problem but have not been able to do so. I also see content assist for CSS.

Could you check that you see the same problem with a new workspace?

Just so we have all of the details correct, can you let us know the version of Webclipse (Eclipse->Preferences->Webclipse), the specific version of OS X (in particular, have you taken all updates to the OS?) and the versions of @angular/cli and npm that you’ve used for the project? In addition, the error log (go to the error log view and export the log to a file) for the workspace and the information from Help->Installation Details->Configuration (please cope this to a file and attach here).

Sorry for the problems you’re seeing and we’ll try to get to the cause.

#533780 Reply

steveiapps-cc
    Participant

Hello, I created an entirely new workspace yet the problem persists. I also noticed that even when I start the application from the Angular CLI servers, it gets stuck at 73% waiting for the server to start (see the attached screen captures), even though the console output indicates the server has started. Of course, I ran the ‘npm install –save-dev angular-ide’ command as instructed in the server start timeout message.

I also notice that “Debug application in Chrome” is not enabled in the Angular CLI server context menu, which seems to indicate a configuration issue.

Webclipse appears to be waiting for the process to start so it can perhaps connect to the debug port, might the process be binding to an IP interface that Webclipse is not using to connect to it (e.g., 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost or visa-versa)?

FYI, I’m using Eclipse Oxygen on JSD 1.8 with the latest Webclipse plugins installed. My machine is a Mac Pro running MacOS Sierra.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Debugging Angular 4 Fails

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in