facebook

Debugging in Tomcat5 vs Jboss4

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Banelco

Hi, I’ve migrated all my web aplication (running in Tomcat5) to and EAR (running in JBoss4).

When I’m trying to debug the app, the eclipse stop in the breakpoint that I put but it’s open a class file (with the code). I tomcat5 it’s open the java class to debug, so I can change the code and continues the ejecution.

Anybody can tell me how can I do to debug and edit the java using JBoss4 with EAR project?

Regards
    Alejandro

#273523 Reply

Loyal Water

Debugging a deployed J2EE application is similar to debugging a standard Java application. The application server must be launched in DEBUG mode in order for breakpoints to be enabled and execution to halt in a breakpoint context. Can you check the connector to make sure your JBoss server is running in DEBUG mode.

#273533 Reply

Banelco

The application server is luanch in debug ode but the problem is that halt in a class file with source code instead of halt in a java file, so we can’t make any change to the code because is halt in a class file.

#273570 Reply

Loyal Water

There should be a button that says “Attach source” in the class file outline that you can click to attach source.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Debugging in Tomcat5 vs Jboss4

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in