facebook

Debugging JavaScript – DOJO

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web 2.0 / AJAX
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I am using MyEclipse 7.0. I am having some problems in debugging javascript.
    First I tried the “Mario” example provided in the javascript debugger tutorial. It seems to work for me. I can set break points and step into the code etc.

Next I created a new web project and created added javascript using DOJO. With dojo, I am not able to step into my custom classes I created using DOJO. It seems like I can step into code that was added using the <script> tag. For example if I include a javascript file like

<script type=”text/javascript” src=”js/myapp.js”>
    </script>

I can set break points in the functions defined in myapp.js and step into the code. But I am not able to set break in my custom modules/classes. Also, I am not able to set break points in dojo code. For example,

<script type=”text/javascript”>
    dojo.addOnLoad(function() {
    onLoad();
    });
    </script>

If I set a break point on the line which invokes “onLoad”, the debugger does not hit that break point.

Am I missing any setup step to debug javascript w/ DOJO?

Thanks
    Anand

#295492 Reply

support-joy

Hi Anand,

I am not familiar with debugging dojo. Please refer to this sticky – https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/tip-debugging-code-downloaded-by-dojo/#post-252009, where user Nick recommends including browser_debug.js and calling writeIncludes()

#295513 Reply

I saw that sticky. But there is a follow up post to that for which there was no reply.

I know this is an old thread, but I’m having trouble debugging using dojo 1.1.1.
    There’s no dojo/src/browser_debug.js or dojo.hostenv.writeIncludes() anymore.
    Have someone found a good solution to setting breakpoints in your own dojo widgets using the MyEclipse javascript debugger?

#295514 Reply

I saw that sticky. But there is a follow up post to that for which there was no reply.

I know this is an old thread, but I’m having trouble debugging using dojo 1.1.1.
    There’s no dojo/src/browser_debug.js or dojo.hostenv.writeIncludes() anymore.
    Have someone found a good solution to setting breakpoints in your own dojo widgets using the MyEclipse javascript debugger?

Thanks
    Anand

#295518 Reply

Loyal Water

Hi Anand,
    I just checked with the dev team. JavaScript – DOJO debugging is not supported at the moment. Eval support is planned for future release. I will keep you updated.

#295527 Reply

jashyu

I also tried in vain to debug DOJO 1.2.3 and 1.3 Beta2 with MyEclipse 7.

Becasue the previous post from Nipun stated the above setup not supported, I then switch to use Safari 4 Beta’s debugger and profiler just so the check
    There is another post stating Safari’s Webkit provides a debugger called Drosera and a set of tools that can help with Dojo debugging.
    version:all

http://dojotoolkit.org/support/faq/can-i-debug-safari

Can someone share more detail on what can be debugged and how to do it in Safari 4?

#295528 Reply

support-joy

Hi,

I would suggest you to cross post your dojo queries to dojo forums.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Debugging JavaScript – DOJO

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in