facebook

DEBUGGING NOT WORKING [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

EvilWonka

I have had a consistent problem with debugging after installing MyEclipseIDE.

O/S = Windows Prof XP
    EBuild = Version: 2.1.1
    Build id: 200306271545

Eclipse freshly installed, and MyEclipse freshly installed
    MyEclipse Ver = RC1, also tried RC2
    JDk= 1.4.03

.metadata log file message = !SESSION Jan 17, 2004 17:01:53.928 ———————————————
    java.version=1.4.0_03
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
    Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -install file:C:/211/eclipse/
    !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 Jan 17, 2004 17:01:53.928
    !MESSAGE Unable to find Action Set: com.genuitec.myeclipse.actions.deploytools
    !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 Jan 17, 2004 17:01:53.938
    !MESSAGE Unable to find Action Set: com.genuitec.myeclipse.actions
    !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 Jan 17, 2004 17:01:53.948
    !MESSAGE Unable to find Action Set: com.genuitec.myeclipse.actions.webtools

Please note the message “unable to find action set”

After completing the fresh install of Eclipse and MyEclipseIDE i attempt to debug a simple program. The debugger appears to go off into never, never land. I am also unable to terminate all of the processes in the debug window.
    I had noticed that the wrong JRE had been used in the preference window, however i’d changed to the appropriate JRE and still had the same problem.

#202063 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

The errors in the log point to a bad installation of MyEclipse. If that’s the case, debugging surely won’t be effective. What I’d suggest is uninstalling MyEclipse and then deleting the Eclipse log file (<workspace>/.log). Then, run Eclipse and try to debug a simple Java application. Does that work? Are you forced to use JDK 1.4.0? It’s quite buggy in the debugging area. You’ll be much better off all around with 1.4.1 (and 1.4.2 is a little too ‘new’ for my tastes, personally).

Next, install MyEclipse and run Eclipse again. Check the error log. Did everything launch cleanly? Try debugging again. If using 2.7RC2, please note the special installation instructions regarding the .config directory that is on the news and updates page.

If this doesn’t fix the issue, please follow up with a post that provides all the information we request in the ‘Posting Guidelines’ thread at the top of this forum.

#202116 Reply

EvilWonka

Scott,
    The problem was with the version of Java i was using. I upgraded and the problem went away!

Thanks for your help.

#202121 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Glad to hear all is well.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: DEBUGGING NOT WORKING [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in