facebook

Dependent java project not fully deployed with web project

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

dlnovell

MyEclipse 10.0-20111028
    Java 1.6.0_27
    Tomcat 6.0.32

I have a web project with a java project as a dependency. I have my local Tomcat server setup under MyEclipse->Servers->Tomcat->Tomcat 6.x. When I deploy the web project to Tomcat, the classes for my dependent java project do not all make it to the WEB-INF/classes/ directory. Some do. I can find no pattern as to why some of them make it and some don’t. There is nothing in the error log indicating a problem while deploying.

– The java project is listed under “Projects” in Properties->Java Build Path of the web project
    – The java project is listed under “Order and Export” in Properties->Java Build Path of the web project
    – I’m using default deployment settings under MyEclipse->Web->Deployment for the web project
    – I’m not using “deployment assembly mapping” under MyEclipse->Deployment Assembly for the web project

I’ve had no problems with this in the last 8 months until last week. I moved some classes from the web project into the java project recently, but that’s the only change I can think of that might be relevant, but I’m not sure how. I’ve created a new workspace and started over from there and it didn’t make a difference.

Thanks for any ideas/suggestions,
    Dave

#330987 Reply

dlnovell

This isn’t a very helpful answer, but I fixed the problem by completely uninstalling myeclipse, deleting my workspace, reinstalling and starting over from a fresh checkout + build.

I would have been more patient to find the problem and a real solution but I’ve already burnt about 3 days with Tomcat deployment issues (not only this one) and I couldn’t afford to wait. Hopefully this won’t happen again, but if it does I’ll try to remember to update this post and maybe we can work on finding the root cause

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Dependent java project not fully deployed with web project

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in