facebook

Dependent Utility JAR files in EAR Deployment?

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jcorbin4607

There have been many people clamoring for MyEclipseIDE to support the packaging of utility jars into an EAR project for sometime. I’ve seen posts from as way back as May that support for this was going to be in the next point release (after one in May). To this date, I still don’t believe this functionality exists in MyEclipseIDE (3.6.x). If it does, could someone point out a process for in this tool for adding dependent jars to an EAR project. If not, what is the holdup with this feature?

Sincerely,
    J.D. Corbin – Subscriber.

#198999 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Dependent projects are high on our development priority and we have initiated development already. There really is no hold up, it takes a while to get this feature built in right. I know the development team is trying a couple of different models for this feature. I expect it will be a month before this feature is being QA’ed.

Michael
    MyEclipse Support

#260797 Reply

clementv

Hi,
    Does Myeclipse 5 have this feature? I have a Web project which uses a java project. I want to package this jar as an utility in the EAR. Is there any way of doing this?
    Thanks

#260817 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

clementy,

Yes, it does. It’s been a feature of the product for almost two years now. If you’d like to package the utility in the EAR that contains the WAR, then please see our Enterprise Application Quickstart. Section 9 has the information you’re looking for.

For others, if you’d like to package the utility project into a jar within the lib directory of the WAR, we also support that. Information on that is in our Working with Web Projects Quickstart in Section 10.

#260979 Reply

clementv

Hi Scott,
    Thanks for the info. Towards the end of the ‘Enterprose appl. quickstart’, there is an instruction to ‘generate module manifests’. I don’t see this but just the ‘new module manifest’. Are these the same. It still doesn;t work..
    Thanks

#260989 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Yes, ‘New module manifests’ is the same thing. And, they need to be regenerated so that they get Class-Path entries pointing to the utility jar in the EAR.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Dependent Utility JAR files in EAR Deployment?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in