facebook

Depleyment Error if rebuilding the Project

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi Support,

every time i rebuild my webproject i get a “NullPointerException” at

Problems occurred building the selected resources.
    com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core.builder.DeploymentDescriptorValidator.

Couldn’t find any log file or what is wrong with project.

kind regards

rainer

working environment:

My Eclipse Version 2.6.100
    Eclipse Platform Version: 2.1.2 Build id: 200311030802
    JDK 1.4.1_02
    Windows XP

#200955 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Rainer,

Sorry for the inconvenience. This has been identified as a bug and will be fixed in the next release of 2.7. The current workaround is to change the XML editors validation setting from ‘All XML Files’ to “Deployment Descriptors Only”. At that point if you’d like to validate individual XML files that aren’t deployment descriptors you can open them in the editor, right-click, and select validate from the context menu.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#200961 Reply

@scott wrote:

Rainer,

Sorry for the inconvenience. This has been identified as a bug and will be fixed in the next release of 2.7. The current workaround is to change the XML editors validation setting from ‘All XML Files’ to “Deployment Descriptors Only”. At that point if you’d like to validate individual XML files that aren’t deployment descriptors you can open them in the editor, right-click, and select validate from the context menu.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

Hi Scott,

‘All XML Files’ to “Deployment Descriptors Only

i have done the selection but i get still the same error.

–Rainer

#200973 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Rainer,
    Per Scott’s suggestion to me (I have this problem too) you may want to find all the XML, TLD and DTD files in your project, right click on each one and “validate” it and find which one dies.

#201002 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

That would help a lot. If we have a reproducable case of this then I know we can get a valid fix. If the workaround doesn’t work, then it means that the file causing the problem exists directly in your project’s META-INF or WEB-INF directory.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#201152 Reply

I’ve encountered the same exact error when “importing” an existing struts project (by pointing the new project wizard at an existing file hierarchy.)

Turning off validation in the myeclipse XML editor did not fix the problem.

But, I noticed later that the error stopped occuring right after I “shared” the project, making myeclipse pay attention to the CVS dirs which already existed at time of import. Next, I tried reimporting another copy of the same project with all the CVS dirs removed, and no error occured.

So, at least in my case, the problem seems somehow related to the presence of the CVS dirs in a non-shared project.

–FritzM.

#201154 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Fritz,

This is very interesting. It’s definately a place for us to start running down the root cause of this. Thanks for posting the detailed description.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Depleyment Error if rebuilding the Project

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in