facebook

Deploy non-exported jars with webapp?

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

bkaplan

I see that jars exported by dependent projects is deployed. This is nice. Many of my projects use jars internally and thus do not export them. But those jars are needed at run-time.

It kinda sucks to have to either:

a) export jars that really part of the internal design
    b) have the webapp “know” the internal dependencies of projects, and import required jars into the webapp project.

Is there an option C?

#223474 Reply

bkaplan

Arrrg, Is it also true that exported projects of dependent projects are not included in the classes directory? That its not enough to export dependent projects, but the webapp project needs to explicity depend on the transitive closure or project dependencies?

I surely hope I am doing something wrong….

#224040 Reply

bkaplan

MyEclipse Team, any chance on getting a reply….

#224049 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Woops, not sure how this got overlooked, I’m asking the dev that handles deployment to reply.

#224074 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Currently, the deployer does not perform a transitive closure and create a jar for every project referenced in a transitive manner from every dependant project of a web project. It specifically looks one level deep to provide you with an exact way of specifying exactly what you want packaged (by created a project dependency) versus those projects / jars used internally that might already exist in the server at runtime through other means. So, if you have projects that need to be deployed because your dependent projects need them, you’ll currently have to specify them as a direct dependent of the web project as well. Full details on how all this work is in the Advanced section of the Working With Web Projects Quickstart that’s available in the Documentation Section here: http://www.myeclipseide.com/ContentExpress-display-ceid-67.html

With each release of MyEclipse we continue to add additional deployment flexibility and will continue to do so in the future. We’re currently looking at providing a manual model that will allow full specification of precisely what will be deployed and where it will go, but this capability is still a release or two away.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Deploy non-exported jars with webapp?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in