facebook

deploy to or debug apps in external server [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

jfraney

While I’m strugging with the Sun Application Server Edition 8 configuration (unable to start and stop), I’m wondering what real work can be accomplished without this capability.

I’m trying to run and use MyEclipse for the first time. I don’t know enough about MyEclipse to know what am I losing if I can’t start/stop the server via MyEclipse buttons.

If I’m unable to start/stop my server from MyEclipse, what features will no longer work? Can I still deploy to a server? Can I still debug an EJB? How would I do these?

I’m using: MyEclipse 3.8.2 (which come with two Sun Application plugins: Sun One and Sun 8; each at version 3.8.1)

I’m using Sun AS8 update 1. I plan to post another thread to look for help on my current problem with configuring Sun AS8. I’ve followed another thread that describes problem with AS8, but its not the same problem I am having.

Thanks,
    John

#217476 Reply

Riyad Kalla

While I’m strugging with the Sun Application Server Edition 8 configuration (unable to start and stop)

Is it Sun APP Server 8, or 8.1 Beta? We are aware of the break with 8.1, Sun changed the startup/shutdown sequence on us.

I don’t know enough about MyEclipse to know what am I losing if I can’t start/stop the server via MyEclipse buttons.

JSP debugging. Our source located is hooked into the debugging process when its launched from the connectors.

Can I still deploy to a server? Can I still debug an EJB? How would I do these?

Yes and yes. You can setup a normal Eclipse remote debug session (check Eclipse docs and your app server docs on how to do this).

I’m using Sun AS8 update 1.

Can you paste your startup log (including the exception or error you are getting) when you try and start it?

#217480 Reply

jfraney

Thanks for the quick response.

I’ve posted details of the problem here:
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-4335.html

Thanks,
    John

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: deploy to or debug apps in external server [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in