facebook

Deploy to Tomcat 3.3.1 target? [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Chris Means
    Participant

Hi,

Tomcat 3 isn’t an option under Application Deployment. Is there a way I can easily add it in?

I actually need to develop and test for Websphere 4.0.4 (which is an option in MyEclipse), however, I don’t have a copy of 4.0.4 to test with, so I’m hoping that a Servlet 2.2 container like Tomcat 3.3.1a will be close enough to help me build the necessary WAR.

Is this going to be possible with MyEclipse 2.6.2?

Thanks.

-Chris

#198541 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Chris,

Tomcat 3 isn’t an option under Application Deployment. Is there a way I can easily add it in?

Not really, but you might be able to use the Tomcat 4 connector to start it with. Just configure it on a copy of Tomcat 3 and it *might* work. It depends on how the startup and shutdown arguments changed between Tomcat 3 & 4. They didn’t change much at all between 4 & 5, so it’s a shot.

Is this going to be possible with MyEclipse 2.6.2?

Since 2.6.2 is already out I can say “no” with a very high degree of confidence. 🙂 We most likely won’t add Tomcat 3 in the future either since it is so old.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#198543 Reply

Chris Means
    Participant

Thanks Scott.

I’ll give that a whack.

I would like to put a vote in for 3.3.1a support however. There are a number of companies still using old Servlet containers, and until they’re willing to upgrade, we need to be able to develop for them.

Until then…

Are there any issues related to the fact that I’m targetting a Servlet 2.2 container? I noticed that the web.xml created for the web application was set to v2.3, is there a way to configure this?

Are there going to be any other problems relating to the Servlet API version as far as MyEclipse is concerned?

Will I be able to change the J2EE configuration to support compiling for the Servlet 2.2 API?

Thanks.

-Chris

#198544 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

MyEclipse 2.6 only supports J2EE 1.3 Web and EJB projects at this time. Thus the reason for Servlet 2.3 default support. J2EE 1.4 project is our next step. We discussed J2EE 1.2 project support with our initial focus group for MyEclipse 2.x and they were much more interested in J2EE 1.4. The best approach I can think of at this time is an all manual configuration process:

1) reconfigure the J2EE 1.3 Library Set with J2EE 1.2 libraries (download from Sun or your favorite appserver).
    2) revise the web.xml file to servlet 2.2 spec level
    3) try mapping Tomcat4 to the Tomcat3 server (cross fingers, rub rabbit foot)

Michael
    MyEclipse Support

#198545 Reply

Chris Means
    Participant

Hi Michael,

Sounds like I’ll just have to use something else for this project…It’ll be much simpler, and no dead rabbits.

Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Deploy to Tomcat 3.3.1 target? [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in