facebook

Deploying a web service on Weblogic 9

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Services
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

mvelik

Hello,

I am trying to deploy a web service on Weblogic 9.2 following your tutorial. Deployment does not show me any error messages but when I go to the Weblogic console, it shows no services deployed/available. Do I have to create any Weblogic-specific configuration files? I thought that if I use a Web Services project in MyEclipse and deploy it using the tools from MyEclipse, it will generate all necessary files. Could you help please.

Thank you in advance

#280759 Reply

Loyal Water

Which tutorial are you referring to ?

Was the web services project created using MyEclipse ?

#280764 Reply

mvelik

Yes it was. I am referring to the tutorial about creating web services on MyEclipse website. I also manually mimicked the files which are generated by BEA Workshop, and now I am having an exception : “Internal error, failed to find ServletBean for servlet TestServiceServiceServlethttp”. My test service is called TestService.

Thank you in advance for your help.

#280926 Reply

mvelik

I tried few things with no luck. Do you have any example projects which are/could be deployed on Weblogic 9.2? Could you send me a link to those projects?

Thank you in advance,

Mike

#281138 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Mike,
    After you deploy from inside MyEclipse, you need to load up the weblogic console and “install” the application. I’m not sure if WebLogic has a setting where it will monitor a directory and install apps automatically that are deployed there, but that “installation” step is still required.

#281226 Reply

mvelik

Riyad,
    Tried it with no luck. The problem is that Weblogic does not see services developed with MyEclipse. Their Workshop creates a bunch of additional xml files which I guess are BEA-specific. Do you by any chance have a working example of a web service project fully compatible/deployable on Weblogic 9?

Thanks in advance,
    Mike

#281227 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Mike I don’t have such a project off hand, but because our projects use the XFire framework, everything necessary to deploy and run them is deployed with the project to the app server as a normal web project.

Are you saying the web project deploys and all the JSPs and such work fine, but nothing listed as a XFire service will respond?

#281229 Reply

mvelik

Riyad,
    These services don’t even show up on the Weblogic console as available services. Obviously I am missing something. Trying to understand what exactly 🙁

Thanks,
    Mike

#281272 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Oh, I’m guessing the WebLogic services listing is some proprietary WL-Service display, requiring WebLogic specific deployment descriptors… that I can’t help you with (I don’t have experience in that department), but I just wanted to make sure when you hit the services directly, for example:
    http://localhost:8080/HelloWorld/services/HelloWorldService?WSDL

(or some URL like that with ?WSDL at the end) you get back the service’s WSDL correctly.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Deploying a web service on Weblogic 9

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in