facebook

Deployment ‘cache’ problem [Enhancement]

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi,

An application that was deployed on JBoss (3.2.2RC1) somehow got corrupted and could not be deleted/redeployed via MyEclipse. I did not get any errors, it just won’t un/redeploy anymore with an exclamationmark in front of it. So I deleted this expanded deployed application by hand.

The application is a simple ear with a ejb module and a web module in it

I still can’t deploy the ear, since MyEclipse says the context is already in use by the war deployed on the server. This war or ear or anything is not there. MyEcplise is now so confused that I cannot do anything with this particular application. It seems there is some kind of deployment cache (I see some unix timestamps in .metadata files, are they the ones?)

I think MyEclipse should not only trust it’s own information, but realy check on the server as well

My system is
    – RH9
    – JDK 1.4.2 (Sun)
    – Eclipse 2.1.1
    – MyEclipse 2.5.1

Ronald

#197478 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

The deployment state information is persisted in a preference store at <your_workspace>\.metadata\.plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core\pref_store.ini

To reset the deployment state of your system do the following:

1) shutdown Eclipse if it is running
    2) deleting the file above
    3) restart Eclipse and verify that deployments have been deleted

I have entered this problem into our issues database.

Michael
    MyEclipse Support

#197488 Reply

Great, this works..

Thanks for adding it to your issues database. I’ll keep banging the (already great) product, if you guys keep up the good work.

#197497 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Thanks for adding it to your issues database. I’ll keep banging the (already great) product, if you guys keep up the good work.

A correction for this one will definately be included in the next service release. Thanks for taking the time to report it so we can continue to improve the capabilities for everyone.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Deployment ‘cache’ problem [Enhancement]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in