April 4, 2012 at 3:45 pm #324967
Using My Eclipse Blue 9.1 with Websphere 6.1 My project has run fine for awhile. Today I noticed a problem with the WAR file not being found. I Undeployed and went to re-deploy and got
An internal error occurred during: “Add Deployment”.
I then went to try again and it said no projects to deploy. WebSphere 6.1 has fix pack 39. I have battled so many deployment issues with this tool I almost want to cry. It was running great for the last 3 months, now it is hosed. Any suggestions?April 5, 2012 at 5:27 am #324987
Sorry that you are seeing this issue.
Can you please give us some more information to investigate further ?
1. Can you please send us the log of the deployment process ? Right-click on the server in the Servers view and choose “view deployment log”.Before sending, please clear the contents of the log, replicate the issue and send us the deployment log.
2. Do you see any errors of interest logged in the .log file which is located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log ? If yes please attach the .log file too.
3. Can you give us more information about your project and its structure?April 5, 2012 at 9:07 am #324996
I have attached the original deployment log. I cannot redeploy at this time so I cannot clear the file and replicate the error. I am trying to clear what was deployed to see if the tool will let me try again. I do not want to re-install and recreate the project – that is a long process I will revert to as I last resort.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.April 5, 2012 at 10:03 am #324998
I am back in business. Here is what I did:
1. Attempt to redeploy brings up pop-up. The window detected something already deployed and would not allow me to proceed. I finally select package or production mode and that enabled the Finish button. Other selection like back up first or overwrite when selected did not enable the Finish button <- A BUG
2. After succesful deployment in packaged or production mode I now had 2 instances of the web project appearing under the EAR. One packaged and one exploded!!
3. I ran the app and it started fine.
4. I wanted to get rid of the 2 instances of the web project appearing within the ear so I did an un-deploy.
5. After this I select deploy again and this time got the normal pop-up with FINISH enabled after I selected the EAR and exploded mode.
6. This time it went it correctly.April 8, 2012 at 11:54 pm #325045
Glad that you got it working.
Do let us know if you see any issues.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.