facebook

Deployment failure

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. WebSphere Development
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

ayang

I’ve just been able to return to doing some development in MyEclipse Blue – this time I’m using the GA version.

I have a local installation of WAS v6.1 with a brand new profile created.

In my MyEclipse workspace, I have a Java Enterprise Project (named XyzEAR) that has a reference to a Web Project (named XyzWeb). My Web Project in turn references two other projects in the workspace; XyzDomain and XyzUi.

I am using Maven – each project has a pom.xml and I’m using q4e to manage the poms in Eclipse.

When I try to add a deployment to my server profile, I get the following message in my “Problems” tab as a warning:

Deployment failure on WebSphere 6.1. Could not copy all resources to D:\WAS\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv02\installedApps\pc3662Node08Cell\XyzEAR.ear\XyzWeb.war. If a file is locked, you can wait until the lock times out to redeploy, or stop the server and redeploy, or manually remove the deployment at D:\WAS\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv02\installedApps\pc3662Node08Cell\XyzEAR.ear\XyzWeb.war XyzEAR Unknown 1209676447819 429081

The deployment.log file is empty.

In the Servers view, the EAR application shows up under the server with a status of OK. However, when I startup the Admin console, the application does not show up in the list of installed applications. The next time I start up MyEclipse Blue, the application no longer shows up in the view.

When I manually look at the files in the WAS installedApps directories, the Ear folder is present and contains my War folder. My dependent projects appear to have all been merged into the WEB-INF/classes folders as expected.

Can someone provide some guidance as to where I should be looking to figure out why the deployment is failing?

Thanks,
    Andy

#284628 Reply

Loyal Water

Is your project checked into SVN or some other version control system ?

#284630 Reply

ayang

Yes, everything is in SVN. I’m using the Subversive feature from Polarion

#284678 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Andy,
    Can you use the admin console to delete/uninstall that EAR completely, or make sure that the directories are cleared out, then stop WAS, and then try and do the redeployment from MyEclipse again?

NOTE: You might want to right-click and “Refresh” your projects in MyEclipse before doing the redeploy… if this step works it might narrow down what went wrong.

#284685 Reply

ayang

Hi Riyad,

The application does not show up in the Admin Console – I have been directly deleting the directory to get rid of the failed deploys.

When I did a “Refresh” on the web project, I started to get an error: “Cannot find the tag library descriptor for http://java.sun.com/jstl/core” which wasn’t there before. However, I tried recreating the web project and this time, I noticed an option in the New project wizard asking whether I wanted to copy the JSTL files into WEB-INF/lib. Selecting this made the error message go away.

However, I’m back to where I was originally. I’ve been following the steps outlined but the warning complaining about Deployment failure still persists.

The deployment.log file appears to only includes messages from when I try to undeploy the project:

——————————————————————————————————————-
    MyEclipse: undeployment START explodedproject: XyzEAR server: websphere61Server time: Mon May 05 15:50:45 EDT 2008
    ——————————————————————————————————————-
    WASX7357I: By request, this scripting client is not connected to any server process. Certain configuration and application operations will be available in local mode.
    WASX7303I: The following options are passed to the scripting environment and are available as arguments that are stored in the argv variable: “[XyzEAR]”
    XyzEAR
    WASX7017E: Exception received while running file “C:/Program Files/MyEclipse 6.1 Blue/myeclipse/eclipse/plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere61_6.1.0.zmyeclipse610200803/uninstallApplication.jacl”; exception information: com.ibm.ws.scripting.ScriptingException: WASX7280E: An application with name “XyzEAR” does not exist.

#284686 Reply

ayang

One more thing, I’ve noticed that while my XyzEAR project has a little “jar” decorator on the icon, my web project no longer shows the “globe” decorator. It looks like a regular java project now.

#284687 Reply

Riyad Kalla

1. That undeployment error is expected because the deployment fails, so I imagine the undeployment won’t work.

2. weird about the decorator dispapearing… can you right-click on the web project and go to the MyEclipse properties panel and check which icons are lit up?

#284688 Reply

ayang

Hi Riyad,

Yeah, I expected the undeployment to fail, but I sure wish there were some error messages in there from when the actual deployment blew up.

On the MyEclipse tab, the Web Installed Capabilities icon is active. It must be a q4e bug – I just wanted to know what I should look at to make sure it was still a web project as far as MyEclipse was concerned.

Based on Nipun’s question, is the fact that I’m using SVN relevant?

#284690 Reply

ayang

Can you tell me whether MyEclipse expects anything in the META-INF folder of an EAR? Anything besides an application.xml?

#284691 Reply

ayang

I run into the same deployment issue even after I created a brand new Enterprise Java Project from scratch, adding my existing Web project as a module. The EAR project is completely empty except for a META-INF/application.xml and META-INF/MANIFEST.MF

#284732 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ahh it could be Q4E running into MyEclipse’s operations because if the web icon is lit up, the project should be good to go for deployment directly or as part of an EAR.

Also yes, the EAR just has the application.xml file in it (minimally).

#284738 Reply

ayang

Is there nowhere I can find additional info about why the deployment is failing? All I get is that one “Deployment failure” warning message??

What does WAS look for in order to recognize that an application has been installed? Is it something specific under installedApps?

Seriously, I am at a complete standstill with MyEclipse Blue because of this issue.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Deployment failure

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in