facebook

Deployment Failure

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author

gcstang

I did the Refresh and can now see the errors and have fixed them which solved the problem however this error is still unhelpful.

Windows XP SP 2
    MyEclipse 5.5.1
    Tomcat 6.0.13
    JDK 6u2

#274978 Reply

Michael Laccetti
    Participant

MyEclipse Configuration:
    Before I describe my problem, I’ll provide some information as to the workspace. There are two projects, the first project is a simple Java project that contains some common code. The second is a webapp, which relies on the common code. Both projects use the standard Maven layout. The web-app output directory is set to webapp/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/classes, the web-root folder is set to /src/main/webapp. This way, it’ll deploy properly, as all the files are in the right place. We are using the Maven Eclipse plugin to manage our dependencies – If both projects are open, the plugin sets the web-app to use the common project, otherwise it’ll look in the repository for a deployed jar.

The problem:
    We’ve run into the same issue a few times, with 5.5.x and 6.0. If only the webapp is open, (re)deployment is no problem. However, if both projects are open, and we try to deploy the app, it’ll fail due to problems with dependencies. No amount of cleaning will fix this. The only way to fix this is to close the common project, redeploy the web-app, and re-open the other project. Tiresome and frustrating, as you can imagine. There is no real information as to what is going wrong. We aren’t using Maven to build/package, just for dependency management, so it should not be failing due to generated artifacts. So, to sum up, it would appear that the problem is due to dependency management. Any help in resolving this would be appreciated, as I have no desire to have to choose between Maven and MyEclipse.

Edit:
    This problem has happened in a few different projects where there are two (or more) projects open, and there are Maven dependencies between them. It isn’t an isolated incident.

#275021 Reply

Riyad Kalla

nihilist,
    Since MyEclipse doesn’t support Maven at this time, I’m not sure what is going on… but I’ll see if there is some way we can work around this annoyance and get you sailing atleast relatively smoothly.

Out of curiosity when the deployment fails, if you right-click and manually refresh each project, then try and redeploy, does it work then? It might not be an artifact that is screwing up the deployer, but something smaller… maybe an invalid state-check? So refresh might fix that.

#276323 Reply

Michael Laccetti
    Participant

This message has not been recovered.

#276341 Reply

Riyad Kalla

#276345 Reply

Michael Laccetti
    Participant

#276360 Reply

Riyad Kalla

#277965 Reply

mulpuri
    Participant

#278021 Reply

Michael Laccetti
    Participant

#278065 Reply

Riyad Kalla

#278489 Reply

Michael Laccetti
    Participant

It has been a week. Any information on this?

#278500 Reply

Riyad Kalla

nihilist,
    No. Dev team has been heads down with about 100 other TODO items. Maven is on there and researching existing issues (this is on that list) is part of that process.

#278534 Reply

juba

I have exactly the same issue. I got several Projects in my workspace. Yesterday, Eclipse crashed and afterwards, I’m not able to deploy one project I was working on the last, as the crash occured. Other projects in my workspace can be deployed without any problem. Also, there is no error pending in the undeployable project. I removed the project and checked it out again from the mvn repo, but this didn’t help. So i’m stuck here. Rebuilding my workspace is horrible, as I have 25 Projects in it.
    The message I get is: Deployment failure on Tomcat 5.x. Could not copy all resources to C:\eclipse-common\tomcat\Tomcat_5.5.23\webapps\project1. If a file is locked, you can wait until the lock times out to redeploy, or stop the server and redeploy, or manually remove the deployment at C:\eclipse-common\tomcat\Tomcat_5.5.23\webapps\project1

A reboot of my machine also didn’t help.
    I’m on Eclipse Europa, MyEclipse 6.0.1GA
    Additional Plugins: maven2 (0.0.10), Oxygen (9.0.0), WickedShell (2.0.2), NSIS (0.9.6.1), quickRex (3.1.0) , soapui (1.7.6)

Please help!

#278550 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Juba,
    Try and restart using the -clean command line argument, it’s possible there is stale plugin state in your workspace pertaining to that project’s deployments.

If not, then it’s the existring problem between MyEclipse and the maven plugin.

#278555 Reply

juba

@support-rkalla wrote:

Juba,
    Try and restart using the -clean command line argument …

We already tried with -clean, but this didn’t help.
    But we found a workaround:

1. Update to the latest maven plugin version
    Note: The update site for the plugin is not in the plugins xml config file, therefore you need to add the http://m2eclipse.codehaus.org/update/ site by hand.
    We updated to 0.0.12 today.

2. disable maven2 in the project you got deployment problems with

3. re-enable maven2 in the project

4. deploy project to tomcat.

This helped. Deployment is working now.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
Reply To: Deployment Failure

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in