facebook

Deployment for Tomcat fails

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

scotchy

I am running Tomcat 5.0.28 and Eclipse 3.0.1 and MyEclipseIDE 3.8.4GA. I have been successfully using all three for the last 6 months (Except 3.83 which was upgraded about a month ago.) I have had no problems up until yesterday (well after the upgrade). After cleaning all my projects I can no longer successfully deploy my web applications. They will say they deployed but only deploy a small subset of the entire project without regard to the directory, i.e. directories contain some but not all the files.

I tried cleaning again as well as removing web project capabilities and also running validation of which all didn’t solve the problem. When I opened some missing files in WEB-INF and then save it the file is then deployed properly. This does not appear to be working for the JSP files in the WebRoot directory. Not to mention it would be a mighty slow process for me to open and resave every file if this were to work.

PLEASE HELP
    Thanks
    Scotchy

#225819 Reply

scotchy

Strangest thing. I rebooted (This is not the first time I tried this) and walked away for a couple of hours. But this time when I redeployed if worked as expected. This is not to say there is not a problem. I just dont know how to repeat it. Anway…

#225833 Reply

Riyad Kalla

This sounds exactly like the problem of having the app server running while you are trying to deploy to it. First make sure it is not running and second make sure when you installed Tomcat you didn’t install it as a system service that is starting up on computer boot, that will conflict with your MyEclipse launching of it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Deployment for Tomcat fails

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in