facebook

Deployment MyEclipse Blue 9 – WebSphere 6.1

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. WebSphere Development
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

jamestthomas

Our web site has been developed using Myeclipse Blue during the last year. The only problem I have is occasionally a server stops working and I go into a cycle of removing and redeploying to return it to a working state. This time it is taking me a long time and the deployment logs are consistent with this error. Can some one tell me what I should do based on this error?

D:/Program Files/MyEclipse Blue Edition/MyEclipse Blue Edition 9/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/1137/1/.cp/scriptutil/scriptutil.jar
    true
    -nodeployejb
    -processEmbeddedConfig
    WASX7017E: Exception received while running file “D:\Program Files\MyEclipse Blue Edition\Common\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere61_9.0.0.me201105192136\installEAR.jacl”; exception information: com.ibm.websphere.management.application.client.AppDeploymentException: AppDeploymentException: [ADMA0092E: An unexpected exception occurred while preparing task AppDeploymentOptions. Check the server machine First Failure Data Capture tool (FFDC) for more information.]
    org.eclipse.emf.common.util.BasicEList$BasicIndexOutOfBoundsException: index=0, size=0
    org.eclipse.emf.common.util.BasicEList$BasicIndexOutOfBoundsException: org.eclipse.emf.common.util.BasicEList$BasicIndexOutOfBoundsException: index=0, size=0

#328165 Reply

support-swapna

Jim ,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

There could be an issue with an incomplete deployment.xml file.

Suggested steps:

1) Close all editors.
    2) Find the following file in your project.
    /META-INF/ibmconfig/cells/defaultCell/applications/defaultApp/deployments/defaultApp/deployment.xml
    3) Right click the file and choose Open With > MyEclipse XML Editor and change the first line from
    Code:
    <appdeployment:Deployment xmi:id=”Deployment_1262775196208″>
    to
    Code:
    <appdeployment:Deployment xmi:version=”2.0″ xmlns:xmi=”http://www.omg.org/XMI&#8221; xmlns:appdeployment=”http://www.ibm.com/websphere/appserver/schemas/5.0/appdeployment.xmi&#8221; xmi:id=”Deployment_1262775196208″>
    and save the file.

If you deploy your project now, does it work as expected? As an alternative quick test you could simply delete the deployment.xml file and try a deployment as well to make sure the erroneous file is not being deployed with your project.

I suggest you install MyEclipse Blue 10.5, which is the latest version and check if you see the issue. You can install Blue 10.5, alongside version 9 without uninstalling version 9. The license you hold for Blue 9 is valid for Blue 10.5 too as our licenses are time based and not version based.

You can download Blue 10.5 from here :
    http://myeclipseide.com/index.php?name=Recommend_Us&req=Download&version=MEBlue

Please let us know if this fixes the problem for you.

#328184 Reply

jamestthomas

I will try the steps you note here and let you know what happens. I appreciate the answer!

#328243 Reply

jamestthomas

I checked my deployment file and it looked properly se so I made no changest:
    <appdeployment:Deployment xmi:version=”2.0″ xmlns:xmi=”http://www.omg.org/XMI&#8221; xmlns:appdeployment=”http://www.ibm.com/websphere/appserver/schemas/5.0/appdeployment.xmi&#8221; xmi:id=”Deployment_1262775196208″>
    <deployedObject xmi:type=”appdeployment:ApplicationDeployment”
    xmi:id=”ApplicationDeployment_1262775196208″ startingWeight=”10″>
    <classloader xmi:id=”Classloader_1262775196208″ mode=”PARENT_FIRST” />
    </deployedObject>
    </appdeployment:Deployment>

#328265 Reply

support-swapna

jamestthomas,

Please stop your server, delete every file you find under C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\logs\server1 and C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\logs\ffdc (Check the location according to your profile.Its fine if you will be unable to delete some of the files even while the server is stopped).

Also clear the contents of the deployment.log. Then start the server, reproduce the bug, zip both log folders along with the deployment.log mentioned above and attach the zip to this post to help us investigate the issue.

#328267 Reply

jamestthomas

I have got it deploying again. I looked at the deployment xml file as suggested. I wrote that it looked the same so I did not make a change. Oddly, opening and closing it seemed to do something as the deploy went through. Wish I had a better explanation.

#328287 Reply

support-swapna

jamestthomas,

Glad that it is working. If you happen to see the issue again, please send us the files as suggested in my previous reply to help us investigate the issue.

Do let us know if you see any other issues.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Deployment MyEclipse Blue 9 – WebSphere 6.1

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in