facebook

Deployment problem with web project in MyEclipse 10

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Erling Molde

I’ve got a problem with deploying one of my web-projects as an exploded project to Tomcat. This occured after installing MyEclipse 10. I’ve tried going back to MyEclipse 9.1, and have found to have no problems deploying there, same workspace, same project.

A popup comes up saying

‘Redeploy’ has encountered a problem.
    An internal error occured during: “Redeploy”.

In Details, the following message:

An internal error occured during: “Redeploy”. java.lang.NullPointerException

In the error log, the following messages are shown (several attempts to redeploy or add deployment):

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2011-11-05 23:43:26.969
    !MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: “Redeploy”.
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.packaging.DefaultPackagerStrategy.explodeDependentProjects(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.packaging.PackageUtils.explodeDependentProjects(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.WebDeployment.Ć(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.WebDeployment.doProjectTypeSpecificPostResyncAll(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.Deployment.resyncAll(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.ModuleDeployment.deployAsExplodedArchive(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.Deployment.deploy(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.Deployment.performStdRedeploy(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.Deployment.redeploy(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.jobs.D.run(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.core.common 1 0 2011-11-05 23:44:08.274
    !MESSAGE Error collecting output paths
    !STACK 0
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.util.JavaMetaUtils.getOutputDirectoryPaths(JavaMetaUtils.java:454)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core.J2EEProjectUtil.getOutputDirectoryPaths(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.packaging.DefaultPackagerStrategy.explodeDependentProjects(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.packaging.PackageUtils.explodeDependentProjects(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.WebDeployment.doProjectTypeSpecificPostResyncAll(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.ModuleDeployment.deployAsExplodedArchive(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.jobs.C.ÄÂ�(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.jobs.C.run(Unknown Source)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2011-11-05 23:44:08.308
    !MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: “Add Deployment”.
    !STACK 0
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.jobs.C.ÄÂ�(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.jobs.C.run(Unknown Source)

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.core.common 1 0 2011-11-05 23:53:24.159
    !STACK 0
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.util.JavaMetaUtils.getOutputDirectoryPaths(JavaMetaUtils.java:454)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core.J2EEProjectUtil.getOutputDirectoryPaths(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.Deployment.performStdRedeploy(Unknown Source)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2011-11-05 23:53:24.170
    !MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: “Redeploy”.
    !STACK 0

Any ideas on what this is? Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to get around this?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I’ll go back to using MyEclipse 9.1 for now.

/Erling

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #320899 Reply

support-joy

inforedno,

Sorry to hear you are running into this issue. You have attached configuration details, instead could you attach your installation details. You can find the same here – open MyEclipse IDE, from menu options click on MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details and copy and paste the same here.

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.core.common 1 0 2011-11-05 23:53:24.159
    !STACK 0

Can you check your Java Build Path and Source tab to see if your source and output dirs are setup correctly?

#320910 Reply

Erling Molde

My installation details:

*** Date:
    7. november 2011 kl 17.24 CET

** System properties:
    OS=WindowsVista
    OS version=6.1.0
    Java version=1.6.0_13

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench
    Version: 10.0
    Build id: 10.0-20111028

*** Eclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 10.0
    Build id: 10.0-20111028

Eclipse startup command=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86_64
    -showsplash
    -launcher
    C:\Users\ermo0633\Genuitec\MyEclipse 10\myeclipse.exe
    -name
    Myeclipse
    –launcher.library
    C:\Users\ermo0633\Genuitec\MyEclipse 10\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.i18n.win32.win32.x86_64_3.2.0.v201103301700\eclipse_3215.dll
    -startup
    C:\Users\ermo0633\Genuitec\MyEclipse 10\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.2.0.v20110502.jar
    -exitdata
    1bec_5c
    -install
    C:\Users\ermo0633\Genuitec\MyEclipse 10
    -configuration
    C:\Users\ermo0633\Genuitec\MyEclipse 10\configuration
    -vm
    C:\Users\ermo0633\Genuitec\Common\binary\com.sun.java.jdk.win32.x86_64_1.6.0.013\bin\javaw.exe

/Erling

#320922 Reply

Erling Molde

As far as I can tell, my source and output folders are set up correctly.
    I have 3 java-projects and a web-project that depends on the three. The output folder is set up to be /WebRoot/WEB-INF/classes as it should be.
    I had a second source-path in my web-project, with a different output folder, containg som test-code which should NOT go into the deployment, and hence was targeted at a different folder. I thought this might be the cause of my problems, so I removed it as a source folder, but the deployment problem persists.

Let me know if you would like a zipped copy of my workspace, or anything else, to further investigate the problem.

/Erling

#320928 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

inforedno,

Thanks for the information. I’m going to file a problem report for this incident. Yes, please, send us your workspace, if possible. It it is too large to send, just the zipped projects will help. The workspace would be best, though. I haven’t been able to replicate it with simple projects, along the lines of how you described your setup, so there must be something in your particular projects that is causing this.

You can attach your file(s) to an email to support@genuitec.com, with a subject of ATTN: TONY and a link in the email to this thread, please. Thanks.

Is this problem occurring on the integrated sandbox Tomcat server or an external one?

#320930 Reply

Erling Molde

I’ve created a new workspace, copied the preferences over from the old one, and checked out only the necessary projects from our repository (Subversion). I will zip and post it later today.
    The problem is with an external Tomcat-installation. I’ve never used the integrated one.
    However, I have both a Tomcat 6 and a Tomcat 7 server configured, and it makes no difference which one I deploy to.
    It also does not work deploying a packaged archive to <Custom Location>.

I have another web project which is linked to the same supporting (java) projects. I do not have the deploymentbuilder problem with this project.

#320941 Reply

Erling Molde

While preparing my workspace for sending, I happened to discover what was probably wrong with my setup.

In my web project, I have linked (project properties > “Project References”) to other projects, one of them a resource project.
    I have not fully understood what the purpose of this property page has been, but I have now removed all project references from my web project, and no longer have the deployment builder issue.

Still, in case this problem should have been handled better (perhaps with a more understandable error message), I have sent over an e-mail with a link to a compressed copy of my example workspace, illustrating the issue.

#320946 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

inforedno,

I’m glad you’ve found a way round the problem and thanks for the workspace. We’ll look into it to see if we can replicate your problem and fix it. We should be able to handle the same workspace across releases. If we find anything we’ll post again.

#320947 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

I was able to replicate the problem with your workspace and with a new workspace. The problem appears related to the resource project. A simple web project with a referenced plain project will cause this problem in release 10. In release 9.1 it causes an information message about the output folders, presumably because the resource project has no output paths.

I’ll update the problem report and, hopefully, we’ll get this fixed soon.

#321654 Reply

Any update on this issue ?

Is there a patch that we can drop in so the deployment occurs ?

If the Web project is dependent on a simple POJO as a source dependency the convenience is awesome so I dont have to package them as .jars separately. This feature is absolutely required and very helpful.

Without this proj dep then I have to do a jar dep which I am willing to do, what is the most convenient way to do this ?

-Narahari

#321662 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

savithari,

Yes, the problem has been fixed and is in the 10.0.1 milestone stream (that is, 10.0.1 is still in development but you have access to what has been done so far). Please see this post for details.

Note that the issue you reported only occurs for non-java projects. If you have POJOs, presumably they would be in some kind of Java project and so would not be affected by this issue. There are associated settings (either project or workspace settings) which affect how dependent projects are deployed.

#321665 Reply

I am able to reproduce the issue with POJO or resource project. That is what the author of the thread has informed too.

Anyway I will try the milestone dev release.

How do you put the proxy info since I am behind a proxy server ?
    Last time I used the offline installer for 10.0 but since the dev release is only online installer can you please let meknow how to put in the proxy info ?

-Narahari

#321668 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Narahari,

You will be prompted for proxy settings if the on-line installer cannot contact the server.

If by POJO project you mean a plain java project, then that should work OK, since the problem occurs because there are no class files to deploy in a resource project. So I think you may be seeing a different problem. If installing 10.0.1 milestone stream doesn’t fix it, please describe the problem, giving as many details as possible (OS, application server, any log messages, screenshots of the error and the dependency set up, and anything else you can think of that may help up track this down).

#330852 Reply

fcurrabm

Hi team,

I’m experiencing the same problem on recently installed MyEclipse 10.6. The error message while building all the projects in my workspace is:

Errors occurred during the build.
    Errors running builder ‘DeploymentBuilder’ on project ‘xxxWeb’.

The error message from workspace log is:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 4 75 2012-10-05 14:14:34.844
    !MESSAGE Errors occurred during the build.
    !SUBENTRY 1 com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core 4 75 2012-10-05 14:14:34.844
    !MESSAGE Errors running builder 'DeploymentBuilder' on project 'xxxWeb'.
    !STACK 0
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.librarymgmt.ModuleManager.getModulePreferences(ModuleManager.java:435)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.librarymgmt.ModuleManager.loadModuleIds(ModuleManager.java:307)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.librarymgmt.ModuleManager.loadModules(ModuleManager.java:276)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.librarymgmt.ModuleManager.getModules(ModuleManager.java:84)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.librarymgmt.ModuleManager.getModules(ModuleManager.java:70)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.librarymgmt.ModuleManager.initializeModules(ModuleManager.java:58)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.librarymgmt.ModuleManager.getModuleForLibraryId(ModuleManager.java:164)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.packaging.WarPackager.deployUserLibsOnClasspath(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.packaging.DefaultPackagerStrategy.deployUserLibsOnClasspath(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.packaging.PackageUtils.deployUserLibsOnClasspath(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.WebDeployment.?(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.DeploymentBuilder.webProjectBuildAll(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.DeploymentBuilder.buildAll(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.DeploymentBuilder.build(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildManager.java:728)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:199)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:239)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$1.run(BuildManager.java:292)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:295)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuildLoop(BuildManager.java:351)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildManager.java:374)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.doBuild(AutoBuildJob.java:143)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.run(AutoBuildJob.java:241)

Finally installation details as follow:

*** Date: 
    Friday, 5 October 2012 14:16:01 o'clock BST

*** System properties:
    OS=WindowsXP
    OS version=5.1.0
    OS arch=x86
    Profile arch=x86
    Window system=win32
    Java version=1.6.0_13
    VM Args=-Xmx512m
    -XX:MaxPermSize=256m
    -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=64m
    -Dosgi.nls.warnings=ignore
    -Djava.class.path=C:\PROGRA~1\Genuitec\MYECLI~2\../Common/plugins/OR02A7~1.JAR

*** Subscription information
    Product Id: E3MB (MyEclipse Blue Subscription)
    License version: 3.0
    Full Maintenance Included
    Subscription expiration date (YYYYMMDD): 20130210
    Number of users: 2

*** Eclipse details:
    MyEclipse Blue Edition

Version: 10.6 Blue
    Build id: 10.6-Blue-20120727

Blueprint: MyEclipse Blue Edition 10

com.genuitec.myeclipse.blue.feature - 10.6.0.me201207261914
    com.genuitec.myeclipse.jboss - 10.6.0.me201207261914
    com.genuitec.myeclipse.pulse - 10.6.0.me201207261914
    org.eclipse.emf - 2.7.0.v20110606-0949
    org.eclipse.gef - 3.7.0.v20110425-2050-777D-81B2Bz0685C3A6E34272
    org.eclipse.graphiti.feature - 0.8.0.v20110607-1252
    org.eclipse.jst.common.fproj.enablement.jdt - 3.3.0.me201207261914
    org.eclipse.jst.enterprise_ui.feature - 3.3.0.me201207261914
    org.eclipse.jst.server_adapters.ext.feature - 3.3.0.me201207261914
    org.eclipse.jst.server_adapters.feature - 3.2.100.me201207261914
    org.eclipse.jst.server_ui.feature - 3.3.0.me201207261914
    org.eclipse.jst.ws.axis2tools.feature - 1.1.200.me201207261914
    org.eclipse.sapphire.platform - 0.3.0.201106221325
    org.eclipse.wst.common.fproj - 3.3.0.me201207261914
    org.eclipse.wst.server_adapters.feature - 3.2.100.me201207261914
    org.eclipse.xsd - 2.7.0.v20110606-0949

org.eclipse.cvs - 1.3.100.v20110520-0800-7B78FHl9VF7BD7KBM4GP9C
    org.eclipse.draw2d - 3.7.0.v20110425-2050-46-7w3122153603161
    org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core.feature - 1.0.1.v20110906-1605-8290FZ9FVKHVRKtmx3fpNuo02129
    org.eclipse.equinox.p2.extras.feature - 1.0.1.v20110906-1605-7A4FD4DiVOMap8cHSc6vPuny4gqO
    org.eclipse.equinox.p2.rcp.feature - 1.0.1.v20110906-1605-782EqBqNKGVkiV-PUsgz-uny4gqO
    org.eclipse.equinox.p2.user.ui - 2.1.2.R37x_v20110815-1155-6-Bk8pYWZz0qUTX5I15GZWwbXkrl
    org.eclipse.help - 1.3.0.v20110530-0844-7i7uFFmFFl8nvqbDpEqTvx
    org.eclipse.jdt - 3.7.2.v20120120-1414-7z8gFcuFMP7BW5XTz0jLTnz0l9B1
    org.eclipse.pde - 3.7.2.v20120120-1420-7b7rFUOFEx2Xnqafnpz0E--0
    org.eclipse.platform - 3.7.2.v20120207-1839-9gF7UHPDFxGjd-PqDr2jX_4yKaumkoHTz04_q-q
    org.eclipse.rcp - 3.7.2.v20120120-1424-9DB5FmnFq5JCf1UA38R-kz0S0272

Eclipse startup command=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -showsplash
    -launcher
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec\MyEclipse Blue Edition 10\myeclipse-blue.exe
    -name
    Myeclipse-blue
    --launcher.library
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec\MyEclipse Blue Edition 10\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.i18n.win32.win32.x86_4.2.0.v201201111650\eclipse_4201.dll
    -startup
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec\MyEclipse Blue Edition 10\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.2.0.v20110502.jar
    -install
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec\MyEclipse Blue Edition 10
    -configuration
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec\MyEclipse Blue Edition 10\configuration
    -vm
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec\Common\binary\com.sun.java.jdk.win32.x86_1.6.0.013\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll

Java Build Path looks ok, and I deploy to an external JBoss 5. Any ideas?

Thanks

#330941 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

fcurrabm,

I see that you have deleted (or not installed) almost all the features of MyEclipse Blue. This is fine, except that you appear to not have a required component, the MyEclipse Editor. I’m not sure how this didn’t get installed, or got deleted, but that may indicate a source of your problem, as there may be some required plug-ins that aren’t available.

You can try running the installer again and choosing to repair an existing installation (you should choose to fix an existing installation, when given the choice to fix or revert). This would, hopefully, install any missing plug-ins. If not, please try a fresh install, ensuring that required MyEclipse features are not removed. You can install another copy of MyEclipse Blue, keeping the current installation, if you wish, though there probably is no benefit in doing so.

Please let us know if this helps.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: Deployment problem with web project in MyEclipse 10

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in