facebook

Deployment with OC4J [Closed]

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

mheir

All,

OC4J *does* support expanded deployment directories. Please see this article by Oracle’s Debu Panda:

http://radio.weblogs.com/0135826/2004/05/17.html#a30

#229812 Reply

mheir
    #262062 Reply

dshitzu1

Is there an example ANYWHERE that shows how to create WebApplication in MyEclipse 5 and deploy it to OC4J 10.1.2??

#262065 Reply

Riyad Kalla

dshitzu1,
    There is no document that covers specific deployment to OC4J, the steps of:

1) Creating web application
    2) Creating deployment
    3) Running application

are all exactly the same for all the app servers. The only different is that you need to setup the Oracle connector to launch OC4J. Other than that, all the other documentation is identical across all the app servers (you use the same deployment tool, same run/stop/restart tool, and so on).

Is there a specific problem you have been having setting up OC4J?

#262067 Reply

dshitzu1

Thanks for all of your help. I believe the problem is with OC4J v.10.1.2 . I think creating a build.xml file may be the way to go since there are no examples of deploying to this particular version of the app server from MyEclipse 5.0 and nothing I’ve tried over the last 2 days works.

#262070 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Well I haven’t really helped much yet… can you tell me exactly the problems you are having with deployment? There are only two ways to deploy, packaged (WAR) or exploded (just a direct copy of your WebRoot over). We had some JSP-debugging questions earlier on in the year so I played with 10.1.3 to make sure I could get it working and didn’t have any problems with the out of the box copy, but I didn’t happen to spend time with 10.1.2, so I wonder what the problem might be.

Is it a startup problem maybe? (errors during app server startup)

#262090 Reply

dshitzu1

Riyad,
    I’ve created a build.xml file that deploys to OC4J v.10.1.2 without complaint. The ear file is exploded and the directory structure appears to be correct. HOWEVER (and I don’t know if anyone here can help with this), the browser URL continually comes up with a 404 message.
    Here are my entries in the revelant OC4J config. files:
    server.xml = <application name=”CMS” path=”../applications/CMS.ear” auto-start=”true” />
    http-web-site.xml = <application name=”CMS” path=”../applications/CMS.ear” auto-start=”true” />

The directory structure for the application is:
    C:\oc4j\j2ee\home\applications (root)
    \CMS
    ..\CMS-web
    CMS-web\index.html
    CMS-web\doc
    CMS-web\META-INF
    CMS-web\WEB-INF
    CMS\META-INF

The URLs I’ve tried are:
    localhost:8888\CMS\
    localhost:8888\CMS-web\
    etc. etc.
    All return 404 not found….

There are welcome files defined in the web.xml file. I’m at a loss but maybe it will be better tomorrow.

Thanks!

#262095 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Normally most Java app servers run on 8080, did you setup OC4J to run on 8888? (Or does it by default? I’m not terribly familiar with it)

#262165 Reply

dshitzu1

Riyad,
    I got it – the port was not used. On another note, I’ve imported 2 projects into MyEclipse 5.0 . There are only source files – no compiled classes. I cannot get the ‘build’ or ‘build all’ or ‘build automatically’ to work on these apps. What do I need to set to get these items to work like they work with projects I create?

#262168 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I need more information as to what “cannot get it to work” means… are there compilation errors?If you have build path errors in the problem view, what do they say? If you imported these projects from an older install, you might have an older JRE referenced on your build path, that no longer exists in this new install or something like that which will stop the entire project from building.

#293733 Reply

badgerduke

Hello:

I am following all the helpful exceptions but I’m using a Maven (with MyEclipse 7.0) project. if I set my pom.xml to produce an EAR file, will MyEclipse deploy an EAR to OC4J?

Thanks
    Eric

#293883 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Eric,

If you use the MyEclipse deployment tool on an enterprise application project, yes it will create an EAR. If you are creating an EAR with Maven, you will have to manually deploy that — MyEclipse’s deployment tool doesn’t pay attention to Maven artifacts, it generates it’s own based on the J2EE spec.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
Reply To: Deployment with OC4J [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in