facebook

Difference between EJB2 and EJB3

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. WebSphere Development
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

hahagal,

Sorry for delay. It does not look like I can reproduce the issue you’re facing.
    Is there any chance to get a test case?

What I need is a (sample) project that gets ejb-jar.xml corrupted after running XDoclet.
    It could be either your real project or just a sample RAD project with a single bean definition, you port to ME, enhance, and configure XDoclet for (please export the project before running XDoclet and make sure that running XDoclet does actually corrupt the ejb-jar.xml afterwards, so when I import the exported project and run XDoclet on my side I have the issue reproduced). You can send it to me via forum PM or mail to support@genuitec.com with “ATTN Brian” in a subject.

Note: enhancing RAD project to work with ME should not require you to modify JRE manually. If you haven’t got it configured automatically, it would be very useful to get an original RAD project too so I can check if enhancement behavior is somehow incorrect.

Best regards,
    Denis.

#324036 Reply

hahagal
    Participant

Hi denis,

Just sent a PM to you.
    Regarding modifying the JRE manually, before I enhance the EAR project, I did not add the WebSphere 6.1 JDK to Window > Preferences > Java > Installed JREs and set it to default. Hence I think during the enhancement, it pick up the default JRE in the workspace, which is the Sun JDK.

#324044 Reply

hahagal
    Participant

Hi,

We are using EJB2.1. We are considering to move to EJB3.0. Can EJB2.1 sit together with EJB3.0? How should we go about migrating the EJB to 3.0?

#324075 Reply

hahagal,

I reproduced the issue you are having.
    Consider using one of the following workarounds:

1) You can remove “deploymentdescriptor” subtask from your XDoclet configuration. This will make XDoclet to ingore ejb-jar.xml. The drawback is that you will have to handle ejb-jar.xml yourself.

2) Move your existing beans to XDoclet.

3) Create a separate EJB project for your new beans. This will also grant you an ability to freely use either xdoclet or 3.0 beans.

I’d recommend the 3-rd way.

>>Can EJB2.1 sit together with EJB3.0?
    You should not have 2.1 and 3.0 beans in the same EJB project, but you can have 2.1 and 3.0 EJB projects in the same EAR.

Best regards,
    Denis.

#324085 Reply

hahagal
    Participant

denis,

As my EAR project is J2EE1.4. When I tried to create new EJB project, there is no EJB3.0 with J2EE1.4. Does that means I can’t use EJB3.0 with J2EE1.4? Or do I have to upgrade my EAR to J2EE1.5(JavaEE5.0)?

#324127 Reply

hahagal,

Yes, you can not use EJB 3.0 with 1.4 EAR, you need to upgrade your EAR to 5.0.
    You can use 2.1 beans with EAR 5.0.

Best regards,
    Denis.

#324132 Reply

hahagal
    Participant

denis,

How can we go about upgrading the enhanced project to 5.0?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
Reply To: Difference between EJB2 and EJB3

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in