facebook

Disable workspace resolution: what does it do exactly?

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Maven for MyEclipse (Maven4MyEclipse)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Luis Pedro
    Participant

I am on 2016 CI 3, and I have a Spring MVC project where I enabled the “Maven Support – Dependencies Only” facet. Every now and then, some dependency I add in the pom.xml does not actually get downloaded. I found out that usually I can fix this by right-clicking the project and choosing Maven > Disable Workspace Resolution. Afterwards I generally re-enable it.

Now my question is: what does that command actually do, why does it fix the missing imports, and is it preferable to leave it disabled?

Thanks for any explanation. Regards

#483814 Reply

support-swapna

Luis,

If a project is configured to resolve dependencies from the workspace, these artifacts do not need to be present in your local repository. Assume that project-a and project-b are both in the same MyEclipse workspace, and that project-a depends on project-b . If workspace resolution is disabled, the Maven build for project-a will only succeed if project-b ‘s artifact is present in the local repository. If workspace resolution is enabled, Maven will resolve the dependency via the MyEclipse workspace.

Enabling the workspace resolution is convenient if you are working on several projects at the same time in the same workspace that have compile dependencies among each other and you don’t want to mvn install one project in order for your changes to be visible to the other project.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Disable workspace resolution: what does it do exactly?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in