facebook

DispatchAction subclass problem

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Off Topic
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

– System Setup ——————————-
    Operating System and version: WindowsXP, SP2
    Eclipse version: 3.0.1
    Eclipse build id: 200409161125
    Fresh Eclipse install (y/n): y
    If not, was it upgraded to its current version using the update manager?
    Other installed external plugins:
    com.ibm.etools.projectinterchange_1.0.0.2
    com.objfac.exleditor_2.0.10
    kodo.eclipse_2.0.1
    org.junit_3.8.1
    Number of plugins in the <eclipse>/plugins directory that begin with org.eclipse.pde.*: 8
    MyEclipse version: 3.8.3
    Eclipse JDK version: j2sdk1.4.2_06
    Application Server JDK version: j2sdk1.4.2_06
    Are there any exceptions in the Eclipse log file? No, can’t find any log file.

If this is a DB related question please answer the following:

RDBMS vendor and version:
    JDBC driver vendor and version, and access type (thin, type-2, etc):
    Connection URL:
    Eclipse error logs related to com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer packages:

– Message Body ——————————-
    I have two domain entity types and wish to implement the basic CRUD operations for each, with persistence. The operations are coded in two DispatchAction subclasses. The control flow for the create operation starts with a <html:button> invokeing the display of a page which can capture the input data. For one of my entity types the relevant DispatchAction subclass method “public ActionForward displayPageForEntity1Input(ActionMapping, ActionForm, HttpServletRequest, HttpServletResponse)” executes ok, with an object provided for each of the method’s parameter types. For the other entity type the ActionForm object is delivered to the method as “null” and execution fails. The code for each entity type is the same except of course for the entity type name. The entity types are associated (1 : n) and an entity 1 instance may or may not contain a reference to an entity2 instance – but the entity type 1 code for the association executes ok.
    I would be grateful for any help.

#225302 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I cannot help with this but you may post a simple example for people who may be able to help with your question.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: DispatchAction subclass problem

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in