facebook

Does Maven4myeclipse support Maven1 files.

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Maven for MyEclipse (Maven4MyEclipse)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

muddu_shafi

Well I am having trouble executing the maven1 files.
    When I looked back and see that these files are Maven1Files. Now I have downloaded maven4myeclipse(Myeclipse6.5).

I have a project structure as such

atcc-common
    |-security
    | |-src
    | | !-java
    | | !***.java
    | |-maven.xml
    | |- project.xml(extends ${basedir}/../project.xml)
    |–maven.xml
    |-project.xml(Master POM)

I am trying to run maven:install on of the project.xml file(child or master) in ECLIPSE, it creates only atcc-common.jar file in the local repository.

How can I make it to generate atcc-common-secruity.jar file in local repository.

Please anybody answer my question, its Urgent?
    As all other projects depends on this jar file.

#288956 Reply

Riyad Kalla

muddu,
    One of the cool new features in Maven4MyEclipse is you can right-click on any JAR file (or go to File > Import) and use the Maven Import wizard to import any JAR into the local repository so you can use ti with other projects.

After you generate your JAR, be sure to run that command and it will get dropped into the local repository for you and the dependency map will get updated with it so you can assign it to other projects.

#289090 Reply

muddu_shafi

I did not get what u said.
    To be clear I have a project.xml file for the project which I checked out from the CVS. I am trying to run the project,xml file
    i.e right click on the project.xml file.
    But i am not getting any build options that I usually get executing POM.xml.
    Only thing I am getting is when I click RunAs-> open dialog.

What should I do now? How do I run this Project.xml? How should I run maven:install command on this file so that the file jar gets build and gets stored in the local repository.

#289440 Reply

support-pete

Thanks for the inquiry, this is not standard Maven protocol, and it is also not standard Maven4MyEclipse functionality, as Maven is a “code by convention” platform.

You might find a workaround in the Maven platform that Maven4MyEclipse would then support, but I have never experienced anyone who wanted this before, so it may be obscure and hard to find.

Thus you may have less trouble in the end just renaming project.xml to pom.xml

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Does Maven4myeclipse support Maven1 files.

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in