facebook

Does Myeclipse6.0 ship with Oracle Thin Driver classes12.zip

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

schanamolu

Hi,

Does Myeclipse6.0 Hibernate plugins ship with Oracle Thin Driver classes12.zip.?

if not how can I dynamically Link This library during RunTime when I package whole application as *.war and deploy under tomcat deployment directory \tomcat\webapps.

Bottom Line I would like make this APP point to Oracle home directory C:\Oracle\ora92\jdbc\lib instead of shiping as part of WAR File (C:\tomcat\webapps\accesspoint_ws\WEB-INF\lib) so that I can make this APP independent of Database.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Sreedhar

#292412 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Sreedhar,

MyEclipse does not ship any database drivers. You would need to download this driver from Oracle. Please note that classes12.zip is also a very old driver, and you should use the ojdbc* series of drivers unless you have other constraints, like needing to run on JDK 1.3.

Once you put this driver in the lib folder of your web project (WebRoot/WEB-INF/lib) it will be added to your project’s build path and deployed with your application.

Bottom Line I would like make this APP point to Oracle home directory C:\Oracle\ora92\jdbc\lib instead of shiping as part of WAR File (C:\tomcat\webapps\accesspoint_ws\WEB-INF\lib) so that I can make this APP independent of Database.

I’m afraid I could not follow your question, please elaborate.

#292821 Reply

schanamolu

This message has not been recovered.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Does Myeclipse6.0 ship with Oracle Thin Driver classes12.zip

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in