facebook

dtd and autocomplete in an xml file

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

jeffhoran

I downloaded and installed eclipse 3 latest, and then myeclipse 3. Put dtd in:
    C:\eclipse\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.xmen\dtd\file___form.dtd

added:
    <!DOCTYPE form SYSTEM “file://form.dtd”>

still no autocomplete.

#206838 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ok I gave this a try, here are my steps:

1) Create new web module project named ‘TestWeb2’
      2) Went here, http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs61/config_xml/config.html and copied that page’s contents into a DTD file
      3) Named the DTD file “file___config.dtd”, and put it: /home/rkalla/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.xmen/dtd/
      4) Switched back to MyEclipse, went into the WEB-INF dir of my new web project, and create a file “config.xml” using the ‘Default XML Template’ from File > New > XML
      5) I added the doctype header: <!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC “-//Hamsandwich, Inc.//DTD Example 1//EN” “file://config.dtd”>
      6) Close the editor, the project and restart Eclipse just for sanity sake.
      7) Opened the project, and the config.xml file again. Tried autocomplete and it did not work.
      8) Tried validating the file, and get the error: Open quote is expected for attribute “ConsoleContextPath|”.
      9) Tried changing the doctype def to the entire path for the DTD file: <!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC “-//Hamsandwich, Inc.//DTD Example 1//EN” “file:///home/rkalla/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.xmen/dtd/file___config.dtd”>
      10) This did not work either.

Also here are the entries from my .log file

!SESSION May 10, 2004 10:06:19.885 ———————————————
    java.version=1.4.2_04
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=en_US
    Command-line arguments: -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86 -install file:/home/rkalla/java/eclipse-2.1.3/
    !ENTRY org.xmen.multipageeditor.XMenPlugin 1 1 May 10, 2004 10:06:19.888
    !MESSAGE /home/rkalla/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.xmen/dtd/file___config.dtd
    !ENTRY org.xmen.multipageeditor.XMenPlugin 1 1 May 10, 2004 10:08:40.110
    !MESSAGE /home/rkalla/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.xmen/dtd/file___config.dtd
    !ENTRY org.xmen.multipageeditor.XMenPlugin 1 1 May 10, 2004 10:08:40.115

Scott did you see anything I missed that you did and I didn’t? I’m using Eclipse 2.1.3/MyEclipse 2.7.1 on Linux with a 2.6.4 kernel/KDE 3.2.1 desktop.

#206855 Reply

Riyad Kalla

jeffhoran,
    Scott and I synced up on this offline and it seems that this bug was fixed in the 2.8 internal prebuilds. We should have a beta of 2.8 mid-month and the issue should be resolved, please try it out and let us know.

Sorry about the inconvenience of this all.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
Reply To: dtd and autocomplete in an xml file

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in