facebook

EA2 Features

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Wayne Kidd

Two features that were very interesting to me during the run-up to EA2 were:
    1). User Customizable Templates
    2). Optional Closing XML/JSP tags

I cannot find either of these things in EA2. If they have been deferred, that is ok, but I wish I knew what was deferred so I don’t spend aa bunch of time searching for it.

Wayne

#196557 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Wayne,

Overall, the best way to check on what the features are that make it to a release are to consult the release notes. However, we could make this more clear by adding a Deferred Features section to them.

1) Was deferred
    2) Is included for JSP’s and HTML editors. You’ll notice that closing tags now show up as part of code-assist when you ask for valid tags.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#196581 Reply

Wayne Kidd

I wish I could see how to get closing tags. If I type <T and then C-Space, I get the Table tag, but I do not find any way of pressing keys that will place a </table> anywhere on my page (except , of course, typing it in). ❓

#196582 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Try content assist after closing the opening table element:
    <TABLE>ctrl+space

You’ll see that </TABLE> is one of the options listed. Note that you don’t need the opening ‘<‘

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#196601 Reply

Wayne Kidd

Thanks Scott, I was able to make that work. I am quite impressed now with the JSP editing. I am far less impressed with the xml editing. For now, I have switched to XML Buddy for XML. I had to change file associations to keep from bringing up the wrong editor for the various tasks. XML Buddy is DTD aware and has strong checking. I indicates an error if the tags are not in the order required by the dtd. Although most applications don’t care about order (as long as the nesting is right), some things will fail without a meaningful error message.

#196604 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Yeah, the JSP editor really is the best. We agree that XML could use some work and are looking at other solutions for XML editing in the GA release.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: EA2 Features

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in