facebook

EA2 questions

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I tried doing native JSP debugging, but was pointed at Tomcat 4.0. I set a breakpoint in my jsp source, but it never stopped when the page was being compiled. Is the debugging support limited to Tomcat 5.0?

Also, I tried setting my Tomcat server to version 3.3 (which I know is old, but we have customers who want that platform). Even though I could enter C:\Tomcat 4.0 under the Tomcat options, I couldn’t enter C:\Tomcat 3.3. I’m guessing there’s some kind of editing going on here?

#196481 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Is the debugging support limited to Tomcat 5.0?

Native JSP debugging is limited to Tomcat 5.0 because only it supports JSR-045, which creates the source map that enables JSP debugging. With Tomcat 4.x you can still debug all your Java called from a JSP, just not Java in a JSP itself.

I couldn’t enter C:\Tomcat 3.3

Actually, we don’t test against 3.x so I don’t know if the connector would work for it or not. The problem with the input is most likely the “help” that’s given when you enter the root directory. The dialog page auto-populates the remaing fields with correct default values for Tomcat 4/5. If one of the directories doesn’t exist for Tomcat 3.x, then it would probably be a validation error.

One possible workaround is to create empty directories with the appropriate names under you Tomcat 3.3 installation for the ones that are autopopulated. It’s probably because your 3.3 installation doesn’t have a directory called ‘temp’. Try adding this by hand and the connector “may” work with 3.3.

Please let us know what you determine if you give it a shot.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: EA2 questions

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in