facebook

Eclipse 3.1, Java 1.5 and MyEclipse

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Comments
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Yagiz Erkan

We’ve been working with MyEclipse on Eclipse 3.1 and Java 1.5 for a month and everything runs smoothly…

Thanks guys! That’s great work!

#226096 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Glad to hear even the beta is working smoothly!

#227711 Reply

KSAUX

Indeed MyEclipse and Eclipse 3.1 M4 works together like a charm.. except XDoclet, it refuses to work if it sees JAVA 1.5 syntax.
    This is really big disadvantage of using this tandem ‘couse we are eager to use new features of Java 1.5 but without magic of XDoclet it is hard.
    Anyway I think RCs of Eclipse will be out soon (3.1M6 is available at the time I am writing this with 1.5 support really bumped up) so I hope myeclipse will bump up support of 3.1 soon too.
    (BTW. I had a (short lasting) impression that MyEclipse work with 3.1M6 but starting new Project doesn’t.. Judging from the logs it is not so serious error.. Can we hope to see another myeclipse version supproting Eclipse’s milestones??)

Just wanna to say you are doing great job,
    Regards,
    Radoslaw Grzanka

#227726 Reply

Riyad Kalla

except XDoclet, it refuses to work if it sees JAVA 1.5 syntax.

Yea XDoclet doesn’t support 1.5 yet.

Can we hope to see another myeclipse version supproting Eclipse’s milestones??)

Yes very soon, we juggled some resource internally to make an M6 build happen.

#227744 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

You can track the progress of the M6 build work here:
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/eclipse-3-1m6/#post-227724

#227851 Reply

arjan.tijms

Will there also be a M6 build of MyEclipse 4.0 b eta (which should be out this week?) ?

Or will you guys wait with that until 4.0GA is released and go straight for a M7 or 3.1final build?

#227860 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Will there also be a M6 build of MyEclipse 4.0 b eta (which should be out this week?) ?

Yes there will be, but it will be close to the end of April at the earliest.

#227926 Reply

KSAUX

Will MyEclipse address XDoclet incapability of working with JAVA 5 syntax (one can find several patches for that – haven’t tried them though)? Or will it be left to XDoclet team (which is not very active :/ ) and if so will MyEclipse provide alternative system of generating needed files for (at minimum) EJBs.

Regards,
    Radoslaw Grzanka

#227934 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Or will it be left to XDoclet team (which is not very active :/ )

It will be left to the XDoclet team, it is not in our (or your) best interests for us to get into the business of maintaining a branch of XDoclet specifically for MyEclispe. The resources alone would likely choke out entire sets of new features we have planned.

and if so will MyEclipse provide alternative system of generating needed files for (at minimum) EJBs.

We are looking at new wizards for some of this stuff for a later release, not ETA yet, but we are aware of the problem.

#228012 Reply

Java 5 XDoclet is unofficially supported here:

http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/xdoclet/browse/XJD-41?page=all

Scroll to the Dec 4th entry.

XDoclet 1.2.3 is supposedly going to be released soon.

http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/xdoclet/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10000&report=roadmap

#228543 Reply

KSAUX

XDoclet 1.2.3 has been released week ago but java 1.5 support didn’t make it there (As far as I can see.. maybe i have omitted something but bug XJD-41 is still open). :/ Maybe in XDoclet 1.3? But how long we’ll have to wait for it? 6 months??

Regards,
    Radoslaw

#231889 Reply

sbeitzel

I’ve been using Eclipse 3.1M7 and MyEclipse for a month or so now, and I’m pretty happy…except that MyEclipse doesn’t seem to catch JSP syntax errors any more. Now that Eclipse is on RC3, are we getting close to a release of MyEclipse that will compile JSPs?

#231891 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Sorry for the trouble, that was fixed in our 4.0 Milestone 2 for Eclipse 3.1 build that should be out tonight or tommorow morning. We just tested against 3.1 final and besides a few minor bugs things seem “ok to go”.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
Reply To: Eclipse 3.1, Java 1.5 and MyEclipse

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in