facebook

Eclipse 3.1 / Java 5.0 support

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Lasse

No rest for the wicked.

Eclipse 3.1M3 is starting to look good. The java 5 support is very close to being complete.

Will the current version of myeclipse run on it ?

When will a dedicated myeclipse version be ready for the 3.1 milestones ?

#219715 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Sorry, the current version won’t run correctly on it. We will look into adding support for Eclipse 3.1 when they hit the RC stage of releases.

#219754 Reply

Lasse

I am a bit disapointed to hear that I was hoping to upgrade to java 5 now.

I can’t say that I don’t understand you. I have followed your troubles with keeping up with the 3.0 milestone – that must have been hard.

Do you know when 3.1 are planned to hit RC status ?

#219756 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Lasse,

I can’t say that I don’t understand you. I have followed your troubles with keeping up with the 3.0 milestone – that must have been hard.

We appreciate the understanding… externally it just looks “kind of painful” to our users, but internally it was killing us… not just the effort expended to do it, but resource management wise and still trying to fix bugs and add features along side the porting effort… was truely a nightmare. Supporting a buggy development build of Eclipse ontop of our product was also wasted time, as people would report a bug, we would take hours to look into it just to find it was a problem with Eclipse… repeat this 100s of times a week and you end up with so many wasted man hours that it just makes no sense (business or otherwise) to support it.

Do you know when 3.1 are planned to hit RC status ?

GA is planned for May of next year, so I’m guessing 2 months prior to that? We will definately be in line to make a ME release on or around the 3.1 release though and there will definately be a long beta too, so it should be roughly avaiable before May.

#221791 Reply

xeperno

I’m running 3.1M3 and installed my eclipse.

can’t we do like gtk and have the two eclipses co exsist?

but other than that, so I don’t know

#221797 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Eclipse 3.0.1 and Eclipse 3.0M3 can certainly be installed on the same machine without interference. However, for MyEclipse to function properly, you must install it so that it references an Eclipse 3.0.1 installation, not a 3.1 milestone build.

#221801 Reply

xeperno

ok he’s what I did

when I ran upadte manger in install new stuff mode . the error button came up saying ME need 3.0

so I used update manger to install the 3.0.1 sdk, restarted, ran updte magager again and no error

so I guess it has ME using 3.0.1

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Eclipse 3.1 / Java 5.0 support

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in