facebook

Eclipse 3.3 support?

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hello,

What are the plans regarding Eclipse 3.3 (aka Europa) support?

Regards,

#266127 Reply

Greg

Officially we will only be supporting Eclipse 3.3 when it is official released in June. However, in our MyEclipse 5.5 milestones that are released between now and then, it is likely that we will pick up support for one of the Eclipse 3.3 milestones along the way. So check back for updates in the coming months.

#272216 Reply

When I try to install ME 5.5.1 on Eclipse 3.3, I get an error that com.ibm.icu has the wrong version. Can you please tell me when you will release a version of ME that supports 3.3?

#272222 Reply

mredeker
    Participant

I was able to install it using the “Manual Installation” with an extension point. But almost all functionality does not appear. The preferences is missing a lot of the settings, the new wizard does not show any JEE features and so on.

Will MyEclipse with Eclipse 3.3 be released soon??

Thanks,
    –Marcus

#272297 Reply

hawiss

@mredeker wrote:

I was able to install it using the “Manual Installation” with an extension point. But almost all functionality does not appear. The preferences is missing a lot of the settings, the new wizard does not show any JEE features and so on.

Will MyEclipse with Eclipse 3.3 be released soon??

Thanks,
    –Marcus

Just a small hint: The J2EE perspective in Eclipse 3.3 requires JRE 1.5 for Eclipse, else a lot of J2EE features are not displayed (I had JRE 1.4.2 before) e.g. you could try: C:\eclipse_v33_wtp\eclipse\eclipse.exe -vm D:\JDK_1.5.0_12\bin\javaw.exe -Xms256M -Xmx512M. btw I did not try it with myeclipse yet.

– Harry

#272418 Reply

Mike Carr

I was able to successfully install the plug-in with the regular installer for Europa, but I have the same issues – most features do not show up. The only editor that shows up is the image editor, the database explorer does not show up, the MyEclipse menu is missing a lot of options, etc. I am running Eclipse 3.2 side-by-side w/ Europa and 3.2 is fine. They are both using Java 1.6.

#272422 Reply

arghhh

Europa is out, when will there be support?

#272428 Reply

Mike Carr

I found my problem. I was using the Java Developer version of Europa, not the J2EE Developer version. I installed that one and now MyEclipse is a lot happier.

#272473 Reply

Loyal Water

MyEclipse 6.0 Milestone 1 is out and that works with Eclipse 3.3.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Eclipse 3.3 support?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in