facebook

Eclipse plugin usage

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Off Topic
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I have a working plugin that works fine during the testing and debugging. The problem I am facing is during the deployment. The 2 problems I am facing are :
    1. If I place my plugin jar into eclipse/plugins/ directory, the plugin seems to work. I try to spawn a new process using the process builder within the plugin and this process requires a jar that gets bundled in the plugin jar and this is where the plugin fails with an error message that the main could not be found in the embedded jar. My understanding is that Java doesn’t let me access a jar within a jar. Is there any way I can find the path where eclipse temporarily tries to keep the plugin in unjarred form, in case it does that.
    2. If I try to unjar the plugin myself, and then place it in the plugins directory following proper naming conventions, it just doesn’t seem to get detected.

Any help would be appreciated.

#290577 Reply

Loyal Water

shubhamchopra,
    I believe you are reporting this bug on regular eclipse?

Can you go to MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details and paste the information here for me,

#290647 Reply

Hi Nipun,

I was able to resolve the issue. I was able to get access to the temporary location Eclipse unjars its plugins into. Theres however another bug I am facing. The description and the stack trace are as follows:

I am trying to create a nested multipage editor. It has 3 subeditors one of which is an extended TextEditor. Everytime I shift focus to some other view in Eclipse, and then try to get back to the text editor part of the nested editor, I see a null pointer exception. The focus does change inspite of the exception. The stack trace I get is the following:
    !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui.workbench 4 2 2008-11-05 11:15:10.388
    !MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: “org.eclipse.ui.workbench”.
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.eclipse.gef.ui.actions.ActionBarContributor.setActiveEditor(ActionBarContributor.java:142)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorActionBars.partChanged(EditorActionBars.java:335)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$3.run(WorkbenchPage.java:628)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:37)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:880)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.activatePart(WorkbenchPage.java:617)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.setActivePart(WorkbenchPage.java:3487)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.requestActivation(WorkbenchPage.java:3034)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.requestActivation(PartPane.java:272)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorPane.requestActivation(EditorPane.java:98)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.handleEvent(PartPane.java:236)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1561)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1585)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1566)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.setActiveControl(Shell.java:1439)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.kEventMouseDown(Control.java:2142)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Composite.kEventMouseDown(Composite.java:549)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.mouseProc(Widget.java:1326)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.mouseProc(Display.java:2925)
    at org.eclipse.swt.internal.carbon.OS.SendEventToEventTarget(Native Method)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3047)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2382)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2346)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2198)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:493)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:288)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:488)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:113)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:193)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:382)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:549)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:504)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1236)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1212)

I am not overriding any setFocus methods.

I am a beginner in Eclipse plugins and I’d really appreciate any help.

Thanks,
    Shubham.

#290677 Reply

Loyal Water

Moving to Off Topic >> Software Development.

#392949 Reply

Even i face the same issue as mentioned by shubhamchopra. Please help

#392970 Reply

support-swapna

Aarushi,

Can you please give us the steps you are following in detail along with the .log file which is located at workspace dir>/.metadata/.log ? Also share with us the MyEclipse Installation Details from MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details.

If you are working with Eclipse plugins, I suggest you also cross post to Eclipse or development forums like stackoverflow.com for better inputs from developer community.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Eclipse plugin usage

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in