January 5, 2012 at 7:50 am #322113
How do I get the Eclipse’s string externalization mechanism like described here: http://stackoverflow.com/a/3887327/714965? I already tried to install org.eclipse.equinox.core.sdk (Eclipse Core SDK) via the MyEclipse Configuration Center but the externalization wizard still does not provide the option “Use Eclipse’s string externalization mechanism”.January 6, 2012 at 3:53 am #322148
Can you answer some more questions for us ?
1) How did you install MyEclipse ? Is it using Pulse/All-In-One installer/ Archived Update site?
2) Can you share your Build ID from Help > About MyEclipse Enterprise Edition > Build ID ? Also share your OS and version details.
3) Did you include the org.eclipse.osgi….jar or org.eclipse.osgi.util.NLS class in your project’s build path ? If yes then share the link from where you downloaded the jar file.
4) Please give us detailed steps you followed to enable the String Externalization.January 9, 2012 at 2:07 am #322183
Thanks for your answer, here are the points you were asking about:
1) MyEclipse was installed by the All-In-One installer
2) Build ID is 8.6.1-20101117
3) Yes, but I think this is only relevant when running the application. Downloaded from http://download.eclipse.org/equinox/drops/R-3.7.1-201109091335/index.php
4) Help -> My Eclipse Configuration Center -> Software -> Searched for “equinox” -> Installed “Equinox Core SDK”.
In the eclipse installation details “org.eclipse.osgi” and “org.eclipse.osgi.util” did now appear. Now I was expecting “Use Eclipse’s string externalization mechanism” to be available in the string externalization dialog, but it isn’t.January 10, 2012 at 2:15 am #322228
The org.eclipse.osgi_3.7.1.R37x_v20110808-1106.jar which you have downloaded is for Eclipse 3.7. As you are working on MyEclipse 8.6.1, you will need the jar which is for Eclipse 3.5.
I installed Equinox Core SDK to MyEclipse 10 as detailed by you and added the above said jar to the project’s build path. I can see the option “Use Eclipse’s string externalization mechanism” in the dialog. Attached is the screenshot for your reference.
I suggest you install MyEclipse 10 using Pulse or download from this link and then set up the String Externalize mechanism:
The option “Use Eclipse’s string externalization mechanism” is only present if you add the org.eclipse.osgi_3.7.1.R37x_v20110808-1106.jar file to the project’s build path.
Let us know how it works for you.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.January 10, 2012 at 2:33 am #322229
thanks for your great support. I’ve added a org.eclipse.osgi_3.5 to my build path and now I have the option “Use Eclipse’s string externalization mechanism”.January 10, 2012 at 10:25 pm #322260
Glad that it is working.
Do let us know if you have any other issues.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.