facebook

eclipse startup problem again [Closed]

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. General
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

rajendra4343

Hi i know that eclipse is taking simply j2sdk1.3 and i am trying hard to make it use j2sdk1.4.2_08 but once i use the command–eclipse.exe -vm c:\j2sdk1.4.2_08\bin\javaw.exe -vmargs Xmx256m then the window pop up the error in the small window telling me that The application or DLL c:\j2sdk1.4.2_08\jre\bin\verify.dll is not a valid windows image.Please check this against your installation diskette simillarly it shows the problem with zip.dll too.I am trying hard but things are not working.I would be glad if someone be of help.Thanks…

#231312 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

The commandline you’re specifying looks valid. Could it be that there really is a problem with one of your dll’s, like a bad download?

#231314 Reply

rajendra4343

I again tried installing jdk 1.5 version to avoid the problem but problemm still crepping that once i insert the command it gives me a messge in a window ie. Could not find teh main class Programme will exit.I have tried enough and things are not moving…

#231323 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

What if you don’t give Eclipse.exe any commandline arguements (that will use whatever java is on your PATH)? This error is specifically that Eclipse can’t find a compatible JDK. Perhaps your eclipse install is corrupted? Has it ever worked, or is this just something new? What changed between the time it worked and the time it didn’t?

#231325 Reply

rajendra4343

Hi Scott;
    I finally found the solution.Actually the main culprit was oracle 9.1 .I installed few days back and it puts its own jre 1.3 version in the classpath.When i checked the system environment variable path there in the first it was C:\Program Files\Oracle\jre\1.3.1\bin.Now i deleted it and put the path of actual jdk 1.4.2_08 path in the system variable.So,once i did that one then i found no error and my eclipse starts as usual.Also,my personnel view is that if i would have put the path of jdk 1.4 before the path setting of jre 1.3 then it still must work in terms of priority though i haven’t tried.Any way thanks scott for your time.You are cool !!

#231331 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Ah yes, that “antique Oracle JDK” problem. We’ve seen it before. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: eclipse startup problem again [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in