facebook

Editing Java properties files

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Bob Dietrich
    Participant

I’m editing some existing properties files with some long string values. The long lines have been broken up with a backslash at the end of the line. However, when the file is saved, the backslashes are removed and the lines converted into a very long line. How do I stop this behavior? Thanks.

#594520 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Bob,

I tried some simple tests involving backslashes with the MyEclipse Property editor – while it wrote the files to disk fine, on reopening the file, it displayed values that were different from the on-disk version, with the backslashes removed. I’ll ask the team to take a look at this.

In the meanwhile, you could use a simpler editor named, Properties File Editor by choosing this editor from the Open With context menu entry for the file – if required you could make this a permanent editor choice as well, from the General > Editors > File Associations preference page. Do you often use the tabular view of the properties that the MyEclipse Property Editor provides?

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

#594532 Reply

Bob Dietrich
    Participant

Brian, thanks for looking at this so quickly. I always forget about using an alternate editor.

I don’t use the tabular view very often, because the comments are sometimes more important than the properties themselves.This view could be useful, however, if you could sort on name or value.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Editing Java properties files

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in