facebook

Editor compiler works incorrectly, stops updating

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Fedor Losev
    Participant

This did happen before but recently it started to happen more and more, becoming really a major issue.

Sometimes the editor stops updating and cleaning error marks, showing some weird error apparently from the past when the code was typed.

The error does not go away until cut and paste of code block containing the error. When such error is shown, formatting works according to the incorrect code with error and not according to the current code. Moreover, saving and reopening the file usually does not work either.

The screenshot is attached.

I’m not sure whether it happens more because of larger code amount, Anuglar update, Webclipse update, etc. Also didn’t find a sure way to reproduce, this happens randomly. But, clearly, there is some bug.

Another disturbing bug and a symptom that may be related (reported before), sometimes autocomplete goes out of sync and does not show any context suggestions (shows but global only) until file reopen (and sometimes few file reopens are required), this usually happens after working on an unclosed code block.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by Fedor Losev.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #587538 Reply

Marc
    Participant

FWIW, I see this too. For me, if I cut the code with the false errors, then immediately paste it back, the error messages go away. I thought it was related to the errors I receive importing anything @angular which I reported in another thread; but if you see it too, I guess I have 2 problems now.

Steve B)

#587658 Reply

support-swapna

Fedor/Steve,

Thank you for reporting these issues. I have filed bugs for the dev team to investigate further.
    We will keep you posted about the fix schedule.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#588436 Reply

Fedor Losev
    Participant

This editor desynchronization becomes a really disturbing issue, I find myself spending more time struggling with the editor than writing the code.

#588437 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

Very sorry to hear this. We have a couple of our most senior developers digging in over the next couple days specifically on the reliability of editing in the context of Angular IDE and Webclipse.

In your case Fedor, I realize you had previously given CodeMix a go. Since we first released it, we’ve made significant headway in various areas, including validation reliability, better coexistence (being able to use BPs and use Angular IDE’s launch cfg/server view), and other enhancements like smooth parameter hints.

Would it be possible for you to give CodeMix ‘one last try’ just to see if it unsticks you? You can use it just for editing or for validation too. Over the next few days, I hope we’ll have much better progress in understanding why you are running into reliability and ideally get out some fixes or workarounds to keep you going.

In the meantime, it would be very helpful to understand if CodeMix does improve matters for you. We had an update go out today (release 2018.5.24) so please make sure you have that one.

Either way, even if you don’t have a desire to give CodeMix another go, we’ll be in touch on the Angular IDE side.

Thanks and we’ll be working to get to the bottom of this and thank you for escalating and clarifying exactly how much it is impacting you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Editor compiler works incorrectly, stops updating

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in