facebook

EJB 3.x tutorial problem

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

dason

Hi,

I am trying to run the EJB 3.x tutorial here:
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/documentation/quickstarts/ejb3/

I have gone through the steps, and am stuck trying to get the test client to run. Is there some special way it needs to be invoked? I am running the test client as a regular Java Application from within the MyEclipse IDE.

I have Glassfish 2.2.1 as my application server and have the appserv-rt.jar added to my project, just like it says in the tutorial.

The application has been successfully deployed to Glassfish per the tutorial. When I go to the console at http://localhost:4848, I can see the MyBean EJB deployed under EJB Modules.

However, when I attempt to run the test client, I get an exception. Note that during the startup of Glassfish, I see:
    ThreadName=main;|**RemoteBusinessJndiName: com.mytest.ejb3.MyBeanRemote; remoteBusIntf: com.mytest.ejb3.MyBeanRemote|#]

Here is the exception I am getting:
    javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: com.mytest.ejb3.MyBeanRemote not found
    at com.sun.enterprise.naming.TransientContext.doLookup(TransientContext.java:216)
    at com.sun.enterprise.naming.TransientContext.lookup(TransientContext.java:188)
    at com.sun.enterprise.naming.SerialContextProviderImpl.lookup(SerialContextProviderImpl.java:74)
    at com.sun.enterprise.naming.RemoteSerialContextProviderImpl.lookup(RemoteSerialContextProviderImpl.java:129)

Here is the code I am using for the client:
    public static void main(String[] args) {
    try {
    InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext();
    MyBeanRemote bean = ( MyBeanRemote) ctx.lookup(” com.mytest.ejb3.MyBeanRemote”);
    bean.doSomething();
    } catch (NamingException e) {
    e.printStackTrace();
    }

}

Thanks for your help!
    Dave

#313182 Reply

dason

An update here: I figured out the problem:
    I cut and pasted the client code from the tutorial.
    If you look closely, there is a space between ‘ctx.lookup(“‘ and ‘com.mytest.ejb3.MyBeanRemote’

When the space is removed, the problem goes away.

Dave

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: EJB 3.x tutorial problem

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in