facebook

EJB Project New Session Or Entity Bean

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Diane Powers

I am not getting the menu option to create a new entity or session bean?

I am running myeclipse 3.8.4

#225796 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Can you please post all the information we request in the [URL=http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-393.html]Posting Guidelines[/URL] thread at the top of this forum? That will give us some context so that we can determine if this is an installation issue, a configuration problem, or a bug. Thanks.

#225818 Reply

Diane Powers

I wouldn’t have posted the question if I hadn’t reviewed the documentation and the formus.

I havd installed twice with same results.

So if the answer exists where is it? I spent a couple of hours on the forums.

#225834 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I am not sure what advantage you are gaining by not answering the questions, making it impossible for me to help you. Your problem can be caused by just shy of 700 different things, knowing your setup (the posting guildelines) and exceptions from your log files tell me how to run this problem down.

So if you like me to help, please answer the questions in the posting guidelines.

#225878 Reply

Diane Powers

I did not see those questions. Sorry!

What operating system and version are you running?win 2k sp4

What Eclipse version and build id are you using? (Help > About Eclipse Platform) was 3.8.2

– Was Eclipse freshly installed for MyEclipse? no

– If not, was it upgraded to its current version using the update manager? no

– Are any other external plugins installed? just myeclipse

– How many plugins in the <eclipse>/plugins directory are like org.eclipse.pde.* 14 (3.0.0, 3.0.1)
    What MyEclipse version are you using? (Help > About Eclipse Platform > Features) 3.8.4
    What JDK version are you using to run Eclipse? (java -version)
    1.4.2_04-b05
    What JDK version are you using to launch your application server? 1.4.2_04-b05

What steps did you take that resulted in the issue?
    ran downloaded exe (enterpriseworkbenchinstaller_030804.exe dated 2/2/2005

What application server are you using? sun81

Are there any exceptions in the Eclipse log file? just messages like could not install xx.xxx.xxx cause it is allready installed. (<workspace>/.metadata/.log)

I can tell you one other interesting fact. I have 2 licenses. On my other machine I updated via software update. Everything seems to work fine that way.

#225881 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Let’s try something quick and easy:
    1) Shut down MyEclipse
    2) Edit the shortcut you use to start MyEclipse (or Eclipse) and add the -clean command line argument to your path (before any other extra command line args like -vm or -vmargs).
    3) Start MyEclipse
    4) Do you see the File > New > J2EE wizards now? Do they work? (I am assuming this is what you can’t see?)

If that didn’t work, you can remove the -clean argument, go to you Help > Software Updates > Manage Config page, do you see MyEclipse listed here?

Go to Window > Preferences, do you see MyEclipse listed here under preferences? If you expand it, do you see a lot of sub preference pages?

Try and execute the EJB wizard, and when it fails check your log file and paste the error here.

#225917 Reply

Diane Powers

I had done that (-clean). I could always see the j2ee wizard to create an EJB Project, but it was a challenge to get the ejb (session, entity, and message) option.

#225918 Reply

Diane Powers

I do believe the difference between the two machines is the win2k patches. One that works has the latest patches. The other deskctop that didn’t work doesn’t have the latest patches. It is at sp4.

#225920 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I could always see the j2ee wizard to create an EJB Project, but it was a challenge to get the ejb (session, entity, and message) option.

I am having a hard time understanding you, so I need you to walk me step-by-step through the process (so I can reproduce it here) and tell me which steps breaks on your machine.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: EJB Project New Session Or Entity Bean

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in