facebook

EJB

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Petr Lukasik

Firstly I’d like to say I think that MyEclipse idea is great.

I’d pay for it if I’ll be sure that it’ll contribute to my work on EJB and that it’ll save my time.

I’m still not sure if MyEclipse monday release will provide wizards for EJB(session, entity, message driven) and also deployment descriptor generation for JBOSS.

Does it have or will have any other importatnt feature for us as a company developing J2EE pure EJB applications?

Thanks for help

Petr

#196392 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Petr,

The EA2 release on Monday will not yet have EJB generation wizards or deployment descriptor generation for JBoss. Both of these are areas that MyEclipse will be moving into in the future but due to resource constraints we have to roll out the functionality in stages.

EA1 concentrated on WAR project creation and support
    EA2 will concentrate on EJB and EAR project creation, deployment and support
    Subsequent releases will add additional wizards and convenience features of the type you’re requesting. You can see where we’re going by looking at the product roadmap at http://www.myeclipseide.com/index.php?module=ContentExpress&func=display&ceid=6. We’ll be adding additional features to MyEclipse based on the requirements set by our subscribers.

Our hope is that people like yourself will buy into our vision and subscribe to MyEclipse in advance of the release of every single feature they’d like because all revenue received goes back to accelerate product development.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#196805 Reply

jcorbin

According to your roadmap, the EJB Creation Wizards were on tap for the July GA release. It sounds like that is not going to happen. I was waiting anxiously for this functionality to be released.

Do you guys plan to update your online roadmap to reflect the changes in delivery schedules for functionality?

Thanks,
    J.D.

#196806 Reply

Maher Masri

J.D.

I think you have your dates confused. Scott’s response addressed the June 23 release. At that point EJB wizards were not tenable. The Tuesday release (7/15/2003) will have support EJB wizards, plus many more features that were not on the road map.

We certainly appreciate our customers keeping on our toes and reminding us of our commitment. Hang tight, you will love the release on Tuesday.

Maher Masri

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: EJB

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in