facebook

emmet does not work

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

greybeard
    Participant

I cannot get emmet to work in my Webclipse AND my MyEclipse 2017 CI.
    I have mac os x 10.11.6 (15G1510)
    Neither <tab> nor ctl-option-enter work.
    I have now run out of ideas regarding why it does not work
    simplest nav>ul>li does not expand.
    I even set the preferences > Web > Emmet to Restore Defaults

#528160 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

greybeard,

Sorry, it was not made clear in the Learning Center article which reflects the key binding for Windows and Linux. The key binding on the Mac is Command-Option-Enter. You can check this either through the General-Keys preferences page or by right clicking in the editor and going to the Emmet menu item which will bring up the sub-menu showing the key bindings for the Emmet functions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for reporting this; we’ll be improving the Learning Center article.

#528166 Reply

greybeard
    Participant

Thank you for your reply. I tried it and …… it did NOT work.
    The reason was that the string (say) “#nav>ul>li” started at column 1 in the text editor. If I have the start of the string at column 2 or more then it worked OK.

On further investigation: it worked as expected when first character at column 1 ONLY IF I highlighted the text before invoking cmd-opt-enter.

That is to say: just leaving the cursor at the position immediately AFTER the “i” of “nav>ul>li” and the hitting cmd-opt-enter DOES not work if the string starts at col 1 in the editor window.
    Is this expected behaviour?
    But anyway, thanks to you, I can now emmet very well 🙂

#528273 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

greybeard,

It’s good to hear that emmet is working for you again. I couldn’t replicate the problem with column 1, however, if you meant “row”, rather than “column”, then we already have a problem report for that. However, note that this is only a problem if you are trying to expand an abbreviation on the only line in the file (that is, if you are starting with an empty file).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: emmet does not work

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in