facebook

Emmet expansion doesn't work at the root of an HTML document

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

James
    Participant

First of all, I want to say thank you for adding Emmet support to Webclipse. It’s something I wanted when I was using plain Eclipse, and now I’m glad I found it in Webclipse!

The only problem I’m having is that abbreviations aren’t being expanded when they are at the root of an HTML page. However, once I try it within another tag, such as <div>, the expansions work perfectly.

Here’s a video showing the behavior I’m seeing:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/uasnivm2wb155lk/emmet.webm?dl=0

Is this working as designed, or is there a configuration setting I need to change?

#518370 Reply

support-swapna

James,

Thank you for the video.I see the Emmet abbreviations being expanded at the root of the html page when I select the abbreviation and hit Ctrl+Alt+Enter. Attached is the screenshot for your reference.

I will file a bug for the dev team to investigate further. Thank you for raising it.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #518380 Reply

James
    Participant

Hi Swapna,

Thanks for looking into this. I think I understand better now what is going on. Your picture was very helpful.

I tried this out, and it looks like the abbreviation only gets expanded at the root of the html page if I highlight the text first. If I just put the cursor at the end of the text, and hit Ctrl+Alt+Enter, no expansion happens.

I currently have the option set to expand Emmet abbreviations with the Tab key, so that’s why I was trying to expand my abbreviations with the cursor at the end.

It would still be nice to use the Tab key when expanding abbreviations at the root of the html page, but at least I know I can highlight the text and use Ctrl+Alt+Enter for now.

Thanks!
    James

#518508 Reply

support-swapna

James,

Glad that the workaround helps. The dev team is looking into it. We will keep you posted when the fix is out.
    Sorry for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Emmet expansion doesn't work at the root of an HTML document

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in