facebook

Endless project rebuilding – hierarchical project

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Jiri
    Participant

Hello,

it seems that webclipse has troubles with hierarchical project structure. In my case I have a Maven (Java) project where only one sub-module is the UI using typescript, i.e.
    -root (Maven pom)
    –system (Maven pom)
    —backend (Java)
    —gui (TypeScript/Angular2)
    –tools, etc…

I in the Eclipse progress there appears a message ‘Touching resource …/tsconfig.json. rebuilding project’ again and again, forever. I noticed that the tsconfig.json is being touched from both ‘gui’ project root and from ‘system’ project root. 3 projects have the TypeScript facet on – root, system and gui – while only the gui is a TS project. All 3 refer to the same tsconfig.json file from within gui folder (see project Properties, TypeScript section). I am not able to disable TypeScript facet on system and root, in this case also gui looses the TypeScript facet and tsconfig.json gets deleted.

Do you have any suggestion how to avoid constant rebuilding – it makes my Eclipse Neon.2 unbelievably slow.

Thanks,
    Jiri

#514842 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Jiri,

Apologies for the delay in replying. I haven’t been able to replicate the issue here but have raised a bug for the development team to investigate. We’ll get back to you when we have more news but it would help if you could send us a set of projects that produces the issue, if possible.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Endless project rebuilding – hierarchical project

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in