facebook

Equivalent of Append/Prepend to Classpath

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

sixel

Hi all,

I am developing a webapp which relies on OpenOffice.org installation. Using MyEclipse, adding to Tomcat’s classpath the location of this installation is straightforward :
    Preferences > MyEclipse > Application Servers > Tomcat 5 > Paths > [Pre|Ap]pend to classpath
    and it runs perfectly.

But then, in production environment, when dealing with a bare Tomcat, what would be the equivalent of such a setting? IOW, what does the “Prepend/Append to classpath” function do to the Tomcat settings?

Thanks in advance!

alexis

If this can be of any help, here are my setup details :
    – Eclipse 3.1
    – MyEclipse 4.1.1
    – Tomcat 5.5.15 on dev machine, 5.5.9 on production server (needs an upgrade, i know)

#255741 Reply

Riyad Kalla

IIRC you need to edit your tomcat startup script, one of them actually sets the CLASSPATH, find that one and add another line before or after it to add your respective path to it.

#255822 Reply

sixel

Hi Riyad,

Thanks for the reply, but… Aren’t these scripts for the Tomcat 5.0.x branch only?

I actually can’t find any of these scripts under $TOMCAT_HOME$/bin (only 3 jars and 2 exe), even though I remember quite clearly having used some startup.bat and shutdown.bat on earlier version of Tomcat. Strange though, since the Tomcat documentation still refers to such scripts :

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/class-loader-howto.html under “Class Loader Definitions > System”

I tried to add the line

-Djava.library.path=$OPENOFFICE_HOME$

into

Preferences > MyEclipse > Application Servers > Tomcat 5 > JDK > Optional Java VM arguments

Works like a charm, but doing the same in the Tomcat configuration panel (Java tab > Java Options) doesn’t solve the problem…

I know it looks more like a Tomcat issue, and I thank you for your support, but if anyone can help me on this, I would be most grateful!

Cheers,
    alexis

#255824 Reply

sixel

Duh!

I just upgraded my Tomcat, and I figured out that the content of the zipped archive and of the installer was not the same! Oo

The installer doesn’t contain all the startup and setclasspath scripts, and nothing is mentionned in the README from Apache :

http://www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-5/v5.5.17/README.html

I have an up-to-date Tomcat now, playing around with the scripts to manage to append the OpenOffice.org install dir to the CLASSPATH variable. No luck so far, but I keep trying…

Cheers,
    alexis

#255828 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ahh very cool, thanks for following up incase others are in the same situation.

#255832 Reply

sixel

Well, no luck so far… I tried to add either

set CLASSPATH=

commands, or

-Djava.lbrary.path=

java options in several startup scripts, still getting the same Exception…

FYI, the stacktrace is :

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: createJNI
        com.sun.star.lib.connections.pipe.PipeConnection.createJNI(Native Method)
        com.sun.star.lib.connections.pipe.PipeConnection.<init>(PipeConnection.java:137)
        com.sun.star.lib.connections.pipe.pipeConnector.connect(pipeConnector.java:145)
        com.sun.star.comp.connections.Connector.connect(Connector.java:146)
        com.sun.star.comp.urlresolver.UrlResolver$_UrlResolver.resolve(UrlResolver.java:133)
        org.mypackage.CustomBootstrap.customBootstrap(CustomBootstrap.java:107)
        org.mypackage.MyClassAction.execute(SolicitudesGeneralesAction.java:107)
        org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:431)
        org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:236)
        org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196)
        org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:432)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

The code that throws the exception is taken from OpenOffice.org source code, and the only modifications applied to it are of no consequence. That’s why I don’t think it could be any OOo bug.

Thanks for any help,
    alexis

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Equivalent of Append/Prepend to Classpath

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in