facebook

Error — 403 Forbidden When Try To Access WebLogic 7 Web App

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

cbryant

I can deploy a web app and start the WebLogic 7 app server. If I open a web browser (either from within Eclipse or externally) and try to access the web app home page, I get:

Error — 403 Forbidden

The server understood the request, but is refusing to fulfill it. etc.

Everything works OK, if I start WebLogic using the WebLogic script externally. I can view the web page in a browser.

Is this some kind of security problem? I specified the weblogic.policy file in the server config info.

It would be nice to be able to do everything from within Eclipse.

#247554 Reply

Riyad Kalla

It’s hard to say, there must be some configuration settings different between the two ways you are starting the app server. If you check your external startup script, is it referencing another security policy file or something like that?

#247568 Reply

cbryant

The index.html file was missing from the deployment. Must have been some kind of problem when the app was deployed.

I can run the app, now. However, I am having a problem, when I try to set breakpoints. I get an error message about missing line number attributes. The add line number attributes to .class files setting has been checked all along in the compiler settings. So, I don’t know why I am getting this error message. I tried upgrading the compiler version from 1.3 to 1.4, but that didn’t help. I am getting the same error message with another plugin.

#247581 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Try and shut down your app server, remove your deployment, then Project > Clean your project. THen recreate the deployment and try and debug again. You need to be running both WL and Eclipse with JDK 1.4 atleast.

#247610 Reply

cbryant

I added ‘debug=”true”‘ to the javac Ant task. I can set breakpoints, and step through using the debugger, now. The compiler setting checkboxes are for building using the Eclipse compiler. I was building the project using Ant.

Thanks for all your help.

#247613 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ahh, yep that will do it. Thanks for following up.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Error — 403 Forbidden When Try To Access WebLogic 7 Web App

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in