facebook

Error After Fresh Install on Ubuntu 18.10

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

steve6
    Participant

Java JDK Version: 11
    Eclipse Version: 2018-09 (4.9.0)

Imediatly after a fresh install of Eclipse and CodeMix, I get the attached error everytime I launch Eclipse.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by steve6.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #601381 Reply

support-swapna

Steve,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

1. Can you please check if running these two commands helps fix the problem?

sudo apt-get install –reinstall overlay-scrollbar-gtk2
    sudo apt install libcanberra-gtk-module libcanberra-gtk3-module

Please shut down your IDE, then delete the .codemix folder you will find in your home directory, run the above commands, restart Eclipse and see if the CodeMix engine starts fine.

2. If the above steps do not fix the problem, then please check if you have a file/directory with this path?: ~/.config/Code or ~/.config/codeMix

If you have, then can you please delete these files/directories,restart your Eclipse and see if it helps?

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Please let us know how you get on with this problem.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#601431 Reply

jhugohr

Steve,

seems the problem on Ubuntu 18.10 is due to the ‘libc6’ package version (2.28) that is causing VSCode fail to launch. (https://github.com/Microsoft/vscode/issues/51917). Ubuntu 18.04 is using (2.27) and works fine.

As a workaround, meanwhile we investigate a possible fix, you can downgrade ‘libc6’ to version ‘libc6.2.27-3ubuntu1’. You can try either:

sudo apt-get install libc6=2.27-3ubuntu1
    or
    sudo aptitude install libc6=2.27-3ubuntu1.

Please let us know if you have additional comments.

Best Regards,

Hugo
    Genuitec Team

#601594 Reply

steve6
    Participant

I ended up switching back to Ubuntu 18.04. Way too much instability in 18.10 in my opinion.

Sorry I am unable to verify the fix you provided.
    I am very impressed with the responsiveness of Genuitec – Thanks for your support.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Error After Fresh Install on Ubuntu 18.10

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in