facebook

Error: Building Workspace has encountered a problem

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

lmatt.signal

I just started receiving an error today on startup of MyEclipse. I have not seen this issue prior to today, when it started all of the sudden.
    When I click on details in the popup, I see the following:

Errors occurred during the build.
    Errors running builder 'DeploymentBuilder' on project 'lib-hibernate-3.2'.
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    Errors running builder 'DeploymentBuilder' on project 'lib-jax-rs-1.1.1'.
    Errors running builder 'DeploymentBuilder' on project 'lib-jax-ws-2.1'.
    Errors running builder 'DeploymentBuilder' on project 'lib-jsf-1.2'.
    Errors running builder 'DeploymentBuilder' on project 'lib-jsf-1.2-ext'.

I read a post about adding -clean to the ini file to try to correct the issue, but it was to no avail.
    I need to get this resolved asap. I will be glad to provide more information. I know this is not much to go on, but I wasn’t sure what to include. I am on Windows 7, MyEclipse v. 10.7. I also tried to repair my installation with no change in behavior resulting.
    Thanks in advance!

#333349 Reply

lmatt,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. The issue might be due to some corruption in your deployments.

Can you please try these steps to fix it :

1. Shut down the workspace.

2. Delete the file com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.prefs which is located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime/.settings/com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.prefs

3. Start the IDE.

Let us know how it works for you.

#333429 Reply

lmatt.signal

Hi, I tried your suggestion. However, it did not correct my issue. Please advise what else I should try or any info I can provide to help troubleshoot this issue. Thanks.

#333457 Reply

lmatt,

Sorry that you are still seeing this issue.

Can you please take a look at this thread and please try Solution 1 :
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/servers-view-issue-in-myeclipse-10-7-0-fixed-in-10-7-1/

Let us know how it works for you.

#333526 Reply

lmatt.signal

I first tried Option 1 and still get lots of errors. I tried to do option 2, but discovered that file referenced is not present. It seems as though I had tried that previously, and I assume the file was not recreated?
    Where do I go from here?

#333555 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Imatt,

Perhaps you are experiencing another problem. For each of the errors displayed, there should be an error log entry in your error log view with a stack trace; can you paste one of them here? With that we should be able to determine exactly what is causing the error.

Do the same set of errors pop-up on your workspace startup? Do you have the Servers view open?

As a quick fix you can try switching to a new workspace and importing the projects you are working on into that workspace. That should allow you to proceed immediately.

Please let us know how it goes, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

#333560 Reply

lmatt.signal

I just blew away my workspace an am recreating it. I am no longer seeing the errors. It’s not exactly the most painless solution, but maybe the fastest. Thanks for the help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Error: Building Workspace has encountered a problem

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in