facebook

Error expanding variable workspace_loc [Closed]

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Since I installed GA2.5.1 I get this error intermittently in Eclipse. Is there a fix? Thanks!

Problems occurred building the selected resources.
    Could not run the external tool.
    An error occurred attempting to expand the variable workspace_loc. No resource selected.

#197365 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

This problem was reported on some of the M builds in the Eclipse 2.1 code stream. I’d imagine you’re not running Eclipse 2.1.0 or 2.1.1 final. What version and build id do you show (Help > About Eclipse Platform).

–Scott
    MyEclipse Report

#197367 Reply

Version 2.1.1
    Build id: 200306271545

#197368 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Here’s a similar question from the eclipse.tools newsgroup and the corresponding reply from the Eclipse Team:

THE QUESTION:
    I’m using Version: 2.1.0, Build id: 200302270800 on Windows 2000.

When I run an external tool (it happens to be a batch file) I see the
    following dialog message:

“An error occurred attempting to expand the variable working_set. No working set specified.”

The external tool seems to run okay, despite the error message, but the message is a nuisance. I think I know what a “working set” is but I don’t understand why I should have to specify one in order to run the external tool.

REPLY FROM THE ECLIPSE TEAM
    Check out the Refresh tab of the launch configuration you’re running. The error indicates that you somehow managed to tell the configuration to refresh a working set when it runs but you didn’t specify a particular working set. The config dialog shouldn’t allow you to do this, so it sounds like we’ve got a bug here.

The direct reference for the post is: http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.tools/msg60360.html

You might want to follow up on the Eclipse site for more information.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Error expanding variable workspace_loc [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in